Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2005, 07:45 PM   #1

I called WH the other day and found out my cluster was part of the recall by using my VIN for WH. As part of the conversation I was told by the rep that the reason I had not been sent my notice was because of my address change. We moved about a year ago and I notified WH so my mail would be sent properly. It seems that you can notify the service desk (which I did) but the info does not get passed to the warranty and recall people's desk. I was told this by WH rep. You have to send a registration or fax it to the warranty desk for their address change related to warranty problems. If you have moved since your initial registration you might want to check this out for yourself. I was not told this when I changed the info at the service desk a few months ago. It seems their computers do not talk. Anyway I wanted to pass the info along so maybe it could help someone else with getting their info. and mail properly.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2005, 07:45 PM   #2

I called WH the other day and found out my cluster was part of the recall by using my VIN for WH. As part of the conversation I was told by the rep that the reason I had not been sent my notice was because of my address change. We moved about a year ago and I notified WH so my mail would be sent properly. It seems that you can notify the service desk (which I did) but the info does not get passed to the warranty and recall people's desk. I was told this by WH rep. You have to send a registration or fax it to the warranty desk for their address change related to warranty problems. If you have moved since your initial registration you might want to check this out for yourself. I was not told this when I changed the info at the service desk a few months ago. It seems their computers do not talk. Anyway I wanted to pass the info along so maybe it could help someone else with getting their info. and mail properly.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:42 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Thanks for the heads up. I forwarded your observations to my contacts at Workhorse.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:25 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Following up on this issue, Workhorse has a central computer file or master file. If the data is entered "once" into the computer, it will globally change any data regarding an owner's warranty address or any other information about the owner's coach.

Just have to make sure that the data are correct from time to time in case anything has changed.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:23 AM   #5

Are they (WH) going to correct the issue about having the wrong names with the correct addresses? Got my recall notice having the correct address, but had the wrong name on it.

2004 Newmar Kountry Star 3560
RobAndTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 01:22 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was getting ready to call them, because I moved a year ago. I had a 2003 Workhorse and traded last year for a 2004--wasn't sure they updated to the new address, but it came today.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:28 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi All,
Just for info, I got my recall notice on the insrument panel (Workhorse recall no. 50402-c) today. Name and address were both correct. I think I'll call my workhorse mechanic and see if he has the "proper tools" before I schelp over there. I do not believe a 24 hr turn around if it has to be sent to Actia
Ol'Joe
Ol'Joe is offline   Reply With Quote