Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2018, 09:18 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Craig: The Bosch caliper recall is still OPEN (not done) according to the build sheet for that 2003 W-20.

If you want the build sheet showing this info and the other 2 recalls that were done, send me an email: edgray1@gmail.com

Thank you ed
Have contacted Larry to perform the recall
fltharleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2018, 12:56 PM   #86

VIN# Recall Check

Hi everyone. It looks like Ed is the captain of the VIN # lookup for W22 recalls. Could I please get the status of my 2004 Pace Arrow 37C VIN# 5B4MP67G443387486? Would this tell if the calipers have 66mm or 73mm pistons?
Thanks in advance!
ndetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:57 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndetello View Post
Hi everyone. It looks like Ed is the captain of the VIN # lookup for W22 recalls. Could I please get the status of my 2004 Pace Arrow 37C VIN# 5B4MP67G443387486? Would this tell if the calipers have 66mm or 73mm pistons?
Thanks in advance!
That chaasis vin had 3 recalls. the cluster was reflashed on 6-6-2005 @6,455 mi. The dampener clip was done 4-11-2007 @ 12,277. The Bosch calipers were replaced 11-9-2010 @ 33,108. No other recalls.

AFAIK, ALL the Bosch calipers used by WCC on the W-22 series chassis were 66mm. The recall did not change to piston size. Some folks have apparently modified their chassis to use the 73mm, but I recently read where some of the parts needed to do that are very hard to find.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:02 AM   #88

National RV Owners Club
Recall

Hi Ed, can you tell me if mine has the recalls done? 2005 Holiday Rambler Vin# 5B4MP67G143396226
Old 11-04-2018, 06:25 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrbe View Post
Hi Ed, can you tell me if mine has the recalls done? 2005 Holiday Rambler Vin# 5B4MP67G143396226
My quick look shows that to be a 2004 W-22 sold to Safari Motor Coach in Coburg, OR. Not sure how it became a HR because I thought were all made in Wakarusa, IN.

ASSUMING you provided the last 8 digits of the vin in EXACTLY the correct order, the bad news is that the Bosch Caliper recall is still "open", meaning it has not yet been done.

Please send me an email to: edgray1@gmail.com and I will download the build sheet and attach it to a reply.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:06 PM   #90

National RV Owners Club
Thank you, I sent a pm.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:23 AM   #91

Thanks Ed!!

Hi everyone,,,
I posted a message here several months ago to Ed for assistance with my VIN about the brake recall. Ed’s ability to assist has saved lives here.
My email to him, thanking him, is quoted below.
“””””” Hi Ed,,
I spoke with you several months ago about my 2005 Coachmen Santara 3510 DS A class MH brake recall. You had advised that the recall had not been completed yet and I made an appointment to get the work done when we travelled from Ontario to Florida at Lazy Days near Tampa.
Well I am following up with you while I sit here at Lazy Days.
I left our home in Ontario last Monday morning towing a VW Beetle. I stopped at a local truck stop that had a CAT scale to weigh the rig. The rig’s overall is 26,500 lbs and I was at just about max with the tow Dolly, car et al.
We took 5 days to drive the 1800 miles and all felt good until going through Atlanta in severe rain when the ABS sensor light came on. That gave me some concern but I knew that it meant only that I did not have ABS, the brakes would still work.
I pulled into a rest area some time later and checked my tire for temperature with my ir checker. For some reason now the front right wheel was warmer than it had been and I could feel heat in the chrome cover which was out of the ordinary. I shot a reading if the brake rotor and it was quite high, even though we were driving in the rain.
Well,, I carried on being cautious just in case and all seemed ok otherwise.
We finally arrived at our Park in Florida Friday afternoon, amazingly just as a tornado blew through,, welcome to New Port Richey we thought.
We set up camp over the weekend and broke camp early this morning to drive the 40 miles to Lazy Days of Tampa. Only miles from the turn off of I-75 to Hwy 4, minutes from Lazy Days, I noticed the brake pedal seemed very soft. I had to pump it to get a solid feel. I knew there was now a serious problem and drove very slowly the last few miles. We made it in and the mechanic started working on the rig.
We strolled by the work area about 3 hours later and the rig is still up on stands, all wheels off and the old callipers still on. I spoke to the mechanic who stated, “ you’re lucky you made it here!”
He showed me first of all the right front ABS sensor had “melted” off, it was a mess. The FR brake was leaking fluid and the rotors showed evidence of extreme heat. The left rear rotor was also in tough shape from excessive heat.
We are thankful for two things as we sit here wondering what it’s going to cost to do this repair,,, thankful for my cautious prudent driving habit and primarily for your assistance in telling e that this recall needed to be done.
It was a fluke that I read the brake recall thread in IRV2 and asked you to check my VIN against the recall list but I am so happy you provided this service. I hate to think what may have happened had we just gone on touring the countryside with no idea there was an issue waiting to blow up and cause harm to ourselves and some innocent on the highway.

So to sum up Ed,, I want to Thank You Very Much!! for doing what you do and for saving our lives. I hate to think what may have happened if you were not out there!!

Thanks again Ed. I’m going to send this to you first then add it to the irv2 thread after you’ve had a chance to read it. Others need to know how vital and appreciated your assistance is!

Take care.

Peter Graves

Keep the word going,, no doubt there are still many W-22’s out there that need this work completed.
Peegee5344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:58 PM   #92

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Yes Ed is a great resource. On my w-24 he found the fuel rail clip replacement had not been performed. The broker RV ctr. I was purchasing from could not perform the work but I had got a referral from Ed and they were approximately 25 mi from where I bought it from. I set it up so on the way home I could have it completed. They were waiting for me when I pulled in and they performed the recall and I was on my way in a little over an hr. They fit me in before they closed. All good.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:04 PM   #93

Smile

Have been reading about brake recalls I have a 2003 fleetwood southwind vin# 5B4MP67G723352373 have had no brake issues but just wondering if they have been done on these model second owner first has since past has 60.000 thousand KLM on 8100 chev motor Allison trans great motor home If someone could help with that information would be much appreciated thkyou on a workhorse chassis
forcetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:54 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcetwo View Post
Have been reading about brake recalls I have a 2003 fleetwood southwind vin# 5B4MP67G723352373 have had no brake issues but just wondering if they have been done on these model second owner first has since past has 60.000 thousand KLM on 8100 chev motor Allison trans great motor home If someone could help with that information would be much appreciated thkyou on a workhorse chassis
WELCOME to iRV2 and the Workhorse forum.
That vin # is for a 2002 W-20 (GVWR 20,700 pounds). Both of the brake recalls were completed 12/23/2010 at 21,415 miles. There are no other recalls.
If you want the vin profile, send an email to edgray1@gmail.com and include your screen name or the vin #. I will attach it to a reply. Ed
Old 12-18-2018, 09:24 PM   #95

Hello all. Newb here and this looks like the place to find some info. on my 2003 W-22 Chassis. It's vin is 5B4MP67G033369596. I believe there are three recalls open on it and if this can be verified, I'd really appreciate it. I'm also having a very hard time finding a Workhorse chassis service center locally. I live near Salt Lake City and all the people I've talked to pass me on to "this place" or "that place" some of which used to work on the chassis' but don't now. Does anyone know the closest place to Northern Utah where I can get the work done? Any help would be great. Thanks.
Drenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:42 AM   #96

Customerservice@navistar.com can provide a list of certified WH shops for you.
Navistar owns WH or the remnants thereof now.
Peegee5344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:38 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenski View Post
Hello all. Newb here and this looks like the place to find some info. on my 2003 W-22 Chassis. It's vin is 5B4MP67G033369596. I believe there are three recalls open on it and if this can be verified, I'd really appreciate it....... Thanks.
I replied to your recent email. Ed
Old 02-03-2019, 01:04 PM   #98

Monaco Owners Club
Hello Ed,
I also would like to know if the recall was completed on my 2008 Monaco LaPalma XL, 1RF31326182044918. very much appreciated!
Ernie

Tags
workhorse, recall, brake