Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2021, 03:13 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Guide

Hi everyone ...

Anyone out there able to point me in the right direction for Workhorse Chassis Guide for Winnebago Brave 1992 27RC model Chevrolet

I'm currently changing transmission filter and fluid ... have drained the pan and wanting to know how much to put back
i know i can check by measuring the oil i've drained but it's in poor condition and i don't have any measuring apparatus (unless of course i go drink lots of fluid and use those containers to measure !!)

Any help is appreciated
Cheers
iamdogstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2021, 03:29 PM   #2

https://www.gmcmi.com/wp-content/upl...sis-Manual.pdf

I found this info online. It lists the capacities on page 1-5. It should have all the info you would need to completely overhaul your entire chassis.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdogstar View Post
Hi everyone ...

Anyone out there able to point me in the right direction for Workhorse Chassis Guide for Winnebago Brave 1992 27RC model Chevrolet

I'm currently changing transmission filter and fluid ... have drained the pan and wanting to know how much to put back
i know i can check by measuring the oil i've drained but it's in poor condition and i don't have any measuring apparatus (unless of course i go drink lots of fluid and use those containers to measure !!)

Any help is appreciated
Cheers
You can download the WCC published Chassis Guide by following this link: Workhorse Technical Info. There is a link to the CG near the very top. I doubt you will find the info you seek about a 1992 Chevy chassis, because Workhorse didn't exist prior to 1999. However, WCC continued building essentially the same P32 chassis as did GM previously and MAY have still used the same model tranny, IRDK. I believe WCC used the GM 4L-80E 4 speed tranny in most of the P32s they built from 1999 thru 2005.

It may be helpful for you to get a better answer about the amount of fluid you will need if you will include the model of tranny you are working on.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 04:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 70 View Post

I found this info online. It lists the capacities on page 1-5. It should have all the info you would need to completely overhaul your entire chassis.

DAVID 70: Sorry I did not see your post until after I posted below yours. The link you have provided is an invaluable resource, and one I had never seen before. It is much more likely to help the OP than the link I provided to the WCC Chassis Guide. THANK YOU!
Old 01-11-2021, 04:53 PM   #5

EdGray

I just googled 1992 P30 Chassis and surprising that popped up. It is a complete service guide for the Chevy chassis. I was totally surprised it could be found. The wonders of the internet.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:55 PM   #6

Of course for that year one has to go to the Chevy, not the Workhorse.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:53 AM   #7

You're Amazing

Quote:

David, thank you so much - i am so grateful for your time and effort, you've been amazingly helpful

Old 01-12-2021, 08:03 AM   #8

thank you kindly

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
DAVID 70: Sorry I did not see your post until after I posted below yours. The link you have provided is an invaluable resource, and one I had never seen before. It is much more likely to help the OP than the link I provided to the WCC Chassis Guide. THANK YOU!

Thank you EdGray for your time, effort and input
I'm really grateful and yes, the link David 70 has provided is absolutely brilliant .. he has been amazing in his support for my project.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:18 AM   #9

Quote:
EdGray

I just googled 1992 P30 Chassis and surprising that popped up. It is a complete service guide for the Chevy chassis. I was totally surprised it could be found. The wonders of the internet.

Like you, I was amazed how much detailed info about the early GM P30 chassis it contains. Thanks to your research, I have requested it be made a part of the "Important Discussions" stickey found at the top of the Chevy/WCC forum. It is #2 on a long list of important info.

This will become an important resource we can point to whenever a member is asking about their older P30 chassis.

Again, THANKS to you for finding it.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:07 AM   #10

Ed, I just realized I never downloaded the Chassis Guide for my coach, so went to Important Discussions, #16, but got a "404-Not Found" error message. Can you point me to a source for a free download? Thanks.
RetiredBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Like you, I was amazed how much detailed info about the early GM P30 chassis it contains. Thanks to your research, I have requested it be made a part of the "Important Discussions" stickey found at the top of the Chevy/WCC forum. It is #2 on a long list of important info.

This will become an important resource we can point to whenever a member is asking about their older P30 chassis.

Again, THANKS to you for finding it.
Ed, the work you and David should be commended. I do have a suggestion though. How do you feel about requesting the "Workhorse Important Discussions" be retitled to "Workhorse / Chevrolet Important Discussions"?
This might make information for a Chevrolet chassis owner even easier to find and access.
Lynn
Old 01-12-2021, 11:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Ed, the work you and David should be commended. I do have a suggestion though. How do you feel about requesting the "Workhorse Important Discussions" be retitled to "Workhorse / Chevrolet Important Discussions"?
This might make information for a Chevrolet chassis owner even easier to find and access.
Lynn
I have no problem with that. I suggest you use the little red triangle below your screen name to contact the Mods and ask them to make that correction and maybe they could make the stickies more prominent while they're updating.

I forgot to give credit to DriVer who was able to add the new resource to the stickies. It is HE who is the real WCC expert here and got the heavy lifting done after I emailed him the request.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:55 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredBob View Post
Ed, I just realized I never downloaded the Chassis Guide for my coach, so went to Important Discussions, #16, but got a "404-Not Found" error message. Can you point me to a source for a free download? Thanks.

I think it is the second link from the top, HERE: Workhorse Technical Info
Old 01-12-2021, 12:27 PM   #14
US1

Use the specifications as a general guide. Use the dipstick as the final level check. You should be able to use the general specs and fill (thru dip stick tube) , minus 1 qt, then check fluid level, then top off to full mark. Then, most likely you’ll start it up and do final level check while idling in Park.

Tags
chassis, guide, workhorse, workhorse chassis