Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2010, 07:34 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Workhorse Chassis Motorhome Values

I would like to sell my 2004 motorhome but with the brake issue still looming, the value is probably in the tank. I recently had 3 calipers replaced which should help some but may not quell new buyers concerns.

Anyone have thoughts or suggestions regarding this issue?

Thanks,
BellaBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2010, 07:50 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
You maybe correct about the value being in the tank, but I'm not so sure you can blame it all on the brakes. Check with the resale guides and putting it on the market is the only way you can sell it. If you get an offer you can always say no. If you feel you have to mention the brakes (I would) give them what you have done and that they will be notified as soon as the parts are available. I would consider replacing the last caliper so you can say they are all new and according to all information should not have problems before the recall is complete.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Brakes or not anytime you decide to sell an RV, car, house etc it is a crap shoot depending on what your selling, the area you live in, demand, supply etc. If you just happen to have something that someone is looking for bingo it's gone.

Here is an example. I have been looking for a 1983/84 Monte Carlo SS for years. I have owned 3 previously. Most of them I looked at were over priced for what they were selling. Many were trashed, had over 100,000, rusty you name it. I found one on the internet that was in great shape with no rust, no wrecks, good paint with 38,000 miles on the clock. I bought it sight unseen and had it shipped to my house. The car was everything the guy said was.

Bottom line... throw it out there and see what you catch.

Mine is paid for, so if I sell it will be on my terms.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The brake issue is overblown. Yes, some people have had problems, and there's a recall to correct the problem. The majority of owners have not had any problems, and it's still the best chassis out there. A buyer is probably going to be informed, and if you have addressed the issue it shouldn't be a problem. The values are in the tank because of the economy, and RV's in general are all selling for less. You're maybe talking five or 10 percent either way for the brakes. I would not sweat it. I sure wouldn't if I was selling mine, which I can't because I owe way too much on it and would have to buy my way out - OUCH!

Like my Duramax - the LB7 has a known injector issue. Most get replaced and GM extended the warranty to 200K or 7 years. Even so, as long as they run good they're the best darn trucks out there and resale is still strong. So even if you have to replace injectors on your nickel, a used one sells for less than half of a new one, so there's still value and buyers at that price point.

Toyotas have taken a hit, but people will still buy them, they're still great cars even if some have had problems. Unless you have a Lexus GX.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote