Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-05-2023, 09:09 AM   #351
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 2
Hello, I purchased a 2010 Fleetwood 34B about 3 years ago and its performed well so far. I really didn't think much about recalls as I had noticed there was a sticker near the master cylinder indicating the brake recall had be performed (I hope). I happened to find this great Workhorse forum and saw there was also a Delco-Remy recall in the same build range as mine.

Could I get the recall history on VIN 5B4MP67G3B3439946?

Thanks!
SamGooding is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2023, 02:39 PM   #352
Senior Member
 
edgray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 10,199
Normally I would be able to answer your questions after DL the build sheet from WCC database. Others on here can also do that too. I canít until after 1-23-2023.
If you are seeing a yellow sticker with recall 51101-C on it, the brake recall was completed. I donít know anything about a ď delco-remyĒ recall. Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 12:59 PM   #353
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 2
Thanks Ed! Sorry for the delayed reply. I looked at the yellow tag but there is is nothing visible on the tag. Its either faded or nothing was written in the space originally. I'd still love to get the build history from the WCC database when its available again. My email is sam.gooding306@gmail.com

I found info on the Remy alternator recall from the Workhorse/Chevy important discussions thread. It shows the recall was for chassis built from 1/11/2010 to 3/30/2010. It looks like mine was built in 2/2010. I have been able to see the model number on my alternator and it matches the number in the recall. I can't get a close enough view to confirm the build date though. I may have to remove the alternator to absolutely confirm. My assumption is it's not a problem alternator since its been almost 13 years without shorting. If the date code matches, I'll replace it regardless.
SamGooding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 06:50 AM   #354
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 16
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34b

Good Morning Sir,

I am considering purchasing a 2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34b for my family (first Class A).
Can you check for recalls on VIN# 5B4MP67G173422358 ?
If there are any recalls, where can I find information on what these recalls are?
Thank you for any information you can provide.
JonathonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 02:48 PM   #355
Senior Member
 
edgray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 10,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathonM View Post
Good Morning Sir,

I am considering purchasing a 2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34b for my family (first Class A).
Can you check for recalls on VIN# 5B4MP67G173422358 ?
If there are any recalls, where can I find information on what these recalls are?
Thank you for any information you can provide.


Please see my post above. I canít get to the info you seek until after 1-23-2023
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 07:49 PM   #356
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 1
2003 Workhorse P42?

Understanding that I wont get an answer till after 23rd, thought I would add myself to the que! VIN:5T4HP41R133358027
Would love to get any extra info emailed to me, once it becomes available again that is. =)

Now I will delve into forum to see if there is help for my missing emissions sticker...
gward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 06:37 AM   #357
Senior Member
 
edgray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 10,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamGooding View Post
Hello, I purchased a 2010 Fleetwood 34B about 3 years ago and its performed well so far. I really didn't think much about recalls as I had noticed there was a sticker near the master cylinder indicating the brake recall had be performed (I hope). I happened to find this great Workhorse forum and saw there was also a Delco-Remy recall in the same build range as mine.

Could I get the recall history on VIN 5B4MP67G3B3439946?

Thanks!
SAM: I will send you the info by email to address you provided. Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 06:42 AM   #358
Senior Member
 
edgray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 10,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathonM View Post
Good Morning Sir,

I am considering purchasing a 2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34b for my family (first Class A).
Can you check for recalls on VIN# 5B4MP67G173422358 ?
If there are any recalls, where can I find information on what these recalls are?
Thank you for any information you can provide.
Jonathon: IF you bought or are still interested in the above vin, that is a 2007 W-20 (GVWR 20,700 pounds) with 19.5" wheels. The ONLY recall was 51101-C to replace the OE brake calipers. That was done 3-30-2102 @ 11,421 miles.

IF you want the build sheet, send me an email: edgray1@gmail.com
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 06:46 AM   #359
Senior Member
 
edgray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 10,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by gward View Post
Understanding that I wont get an answer till after 23rd, thought I would add myself to the que! VIN:5T4HP41R133358027
Would love to get any extra info emailed to me, once it becomes available again that is. =)

Now I will delve into forum to see if there is help for my missing emissions sticker...
Hi guard ! Welcome to iRV.com

That vin is a 2003 P42 step van chassis with 10,000 pound GVWR. It rolls on 16"wheels, and was sold to Oakland Truck Center with the engine option L31 which is a 5.7L V-8 gasser.

IF you want the build sheet, send me an email: edgray1@gmail.com
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 10:27 PM   #360
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Jonathon: IF you bought or are still interested in the above vin, that is a 2007 W-20 (GVWR 20,700 pounds) with 19.5" wheels. The ONLY recall was 51101-C to replace the OE brake calipers. That was done 3-30-2102 @ 11,421 miles.

IF you want the build sheet, send me an email: edgray1@gmail.com
Thank you sir! Email sent for build sheet.

Quick clarification:
The vin 6th digit is a 6 which indicates a W22 chassis. I'm a little confused. Am I reading the vin decoder wrong? Can the 6th digit indicate a W22 or W20 chassis? What is the structural difference between the W22 and W20? Is there a difference in suspension between the W20 and W22?
JonathonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 07:59 AM   #361
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Mer Rouge, LA
Posts: 8
I just became the owner of a 2004 National RV Dolphin 5342.

#5B4MP67G243382786

Is there any recall info for the one?

Keith
islapete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 08:02 AM   #362
Senior Member
 
edgray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 10,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathonM View Post
Thank you sir! Email sent for build sheet.

Quick clarification:
The vin 6th digit is a 6 which indicates a W22 chassis. I'm a little confused. Am I reading the vin decoder wrong? Can the 6th digit indicate a W22 or W20 chassis? What is the structural difference between the W22 and W20? Is there a difference in suspension between the W20 and W22?
Jonathon: you are reading the decoder correctly, but the sixth vin character being a "6" means it is one of the W-22 SERIES of chassis, which includes the W-20, the W-21, and the W-22, all of which indicate the approximate GVWRs, 20,700, 21,000, and 22,000 pounds respectively. There is no difference in the structure of them, and most of the other components are also identical, but the various suspension combinations RATINGS allows the coach builders to "tune" the chassis to the weight of the coach expected to be built on them. I believe WCC first offered the W-22, and some of their customers thought that suspension was too "stiff" for some of their smaller models, hence the W-20 with 19.5" wheels was created. The W-21 came much later, and I never understood why they thought a 300 pound difference in the rating would make a difference. WCC also built some of the W-22s with 19.5" wheels because some of the coach builders had not revised their floor plan designs to allow space for the 22.5" wheels that were "standard" on the W-22 when first introduced in 2001.

Similar confusion about vin code position exists on the P32 series chassis, because for them, the sixth character can be a "3" or a "5".

Also, WCC did not change the MODEL number (first position) from a "P" to a "W" until much later, so there are lots of W-22 series chassis with a model number such as P32122, which causes people to think their W-22 is actually a P-32 chassis. In fact, the first three numerals following the first alpha character are the code for the wheel base of the chassis, as it left the assembly line.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 08:19 AM   #363
Senior Member
 
edgray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 10,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by islapete View Post
I just became the owner of a 2004 National RV Dolphin 5342.

#5B4MP67G243382786

Is there any recall info for the one?

Keith
Congrats on your new ride ! It had the usual 3 recalls from that era, and all 3 were completed during a single service event on 3/2/2011 @ 9,233 miles. IF you want the build sheet, send me an email: edgray1@gmail.com
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chassis, recall, workhorse, workhorse chassis



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recall Clearance Letter for Workhorse Chassis Sparkie616 Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum 4 03-04-2014 12:44 AM
2008 Winnebago on Workhorse Chassis RECALL Wayne M Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 3 02-27-2011 11:32 AM
When will Workhorse list the Brake Recall as and "Open campaign" under My Workhorse? Nap&Joe Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum 9 03-25-2010 03:53 PM
Recall on workhorse chassis motorhome MyLife Fleetwood Owner's Forum 2 08-23-2006 02:41 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.