Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Workhorse "Delayed Warranty Start"

We are the second Retail owners. Our manual Page 307 "Delayed Warranty Start" ( Note: The form must be completed by your selling dealer and approved by WH. This is necessary for first and subsequent owners.)

The selling dealer, Beaudry RV appears to be closed, unless someone here can provide different news, their web page lists phone numbers 2 in Phoenix, 2 in Tucson and headquarters in Ca. All are disconnected~!!

Now is it me, or are we getting too old for this?
Here is the latest response from WH, and our last reply, included with the file from the initial request Oct.24, starting from the bottom:

Message History

On 11/1/2010 1:43:06 PM, Stella Theriault wrote:
We are not questioning the Powertrain (Engine/Differential Coverage).
We originally & continue to request The Delayed Warranty Start Date from May 24/07 to Nov.1/07.

ie: On 10/27/2010 8:56:56 AM, Stella Theriault wrote: My VIN: 5B4MPA7G473426441 It was sold as new by Beaudry RV, & the First Owner Titled or Registration issued in Meza, AZ. Title #00E2007305025 on 11/01/2007 with 441 miles, by Harry Rodgers, 1030 S 81st. St., Meza AZ 85208-5923. Harry Rodgers was listed as the Current Owner on your web site for this VIN when we applied to record our ownership from April 27/2010. Mr. Rodgers owned the RV until it was repossesed by the bank & sold at Auto Auction on 9/23/09. Is this not sufficient information for Workhorse to review and correct the late purchase date? Your attention would be appreciated. Stella Theriault.

We have tried to contact the Original seller:Beaudry RV, they appear to be out of business. Thank you. Stella Theriault.

On 11/1/2010 1:03:00 PM, WORKHORSE Support wrote:
Right the power train is 5 years 50,000 miles. the warranty listed on what you view on our website, is for the complete chassis. The warranty you reference is for the power train (the engine) That is not reflected on the information on the website you can see because GM covers that warranty on the power train just as Allison transmission carries a separate warranty which is not reflected on our website.

On 10/27/2010 11:03:38 AM, Stella Theriault wrote:
We are wanting you to update the warrantee start date because Mr. Rodgers bought it on Nov.l,2007. The Motorhome Powertrain Limited Warrantee is for 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first, so the warrantee should expire on November 1,2012, as it presently has 11,110 miles. Our dealer has confirmed the 5 year coverage on the Powertrain, and suggested we communicate with you after first advising us that they originally assumed the warrantee expired on May 24,2010, ie: 36 months from the build date, not the First Retail Owner purchase date. That is what we are try to say. Trust that this is clearer for you.Thank you, Stella Theriault.

On 10/27/2010 9:22:15 AM, WORKHORSE Support wrote:
Not sure what you are wanting. Are you wanting us to update the warranty start date because you bought the vehicle. It doesn't work that way. The warranty starts when Mr. Rodgers bought it. The warranty is 3 years or 36,000 miles. If the purchase was Nov 1, 2007 the warranty expires November 1, 2010 if it is under 36,000 miles. Please let us know if we are not grasping what you are saying.

On 10/27/2010 8:56:56 AM, Stella Theriault wrote:
My VIN: 5B4MPA7G473426441 It was sold as new by Beaudry RV, & the First Owner Titled or Registration issued in Meza, AZ. Title #00E2007305025 on 11/01/2007 with 441 miles, by Harry Rodgers, 1030 S 81st. St., Meza AZ 85208-5923. Harry Rodgers was listed as the Current Owner on your web site for this VIN when we applied to record our ownership from April 27/2010. Mr. Rodgers owned the RV until it was repossesed by the bank & sold at Auto Auction on 9/23/09.
Is this not sufficient information for Workhorse to review and correct the late purchase date? Your attention would be appreciated. Stella Theriault.

On 10/26/2010 3:43:59 PM, WORKHORSE Support wrote:
Thank you very much for your email. The delayed warranty start date is initiated by the selling RV Dealer, not Workhorse. Without proper documentation from the original owner validated by the selling RV Dealer. If this did indeed happen the previous owner and the RV Dealer should all document and send that data to: Workhorse Warranty, 850 Stephenson Hwy, Suite 510, Troy, MI 48083.

On 10/24/2010 7:21:28 PM, Stella Theriault wrote:
How do I proceed to have the Warrantee start date updated from May 24/07 to Nov.1/07, the date the first owner purchased/titled my VIN# ? I am the second retail owner. Thank you, Stella Theriault.

November 2010311234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829301234567891011

It's like pulling teeth, I didn't bother to point today out that although they have finally acknowledged the five year on Powertrain on Engine (but Engine warranty by GM? Workhorse Powertrain Warranty says nothing about GM) ?? As far as I know it's a WH Powertrain Engine/Differential warranty, and it's five/year 100,000 Miles, not 50,000.

Both GM nor Dana rear end appear in the WH Pt warranty, however, however Allison is mentioned in their Warranty info manual, ie: Pg.291 (Note: Allison Warranty etc. -must be completed & authorized by Allison distributor or dealer) I'm not certain if I am talking to a Workhorse person.

Sorry for the long post, but feel it's important to help others who may be in a similiar position vis a vis the Delayed Warranty Start date. Thank you.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It is really getting frustrating, here is the reply I received minutes ago, read the second paragraph first, then my reply here below, I hope you can follow, I'm beginning to think I'm going crazy~!!!

On 11/1/2010 4:03:10 PM, Stella Theriault wrote:
We appologize for our ongoing request. Thank you for the explanation, however, I would like to respond to your last response: Are you stating the data provided by the selling dealer is your Build Date of May 24/07? On page 290 of our Owner's manual it states: "Motor Home Chassis Powertrain" begins on the Date of your Delayed Warranty Start Date and/or the Date the chassis is Shipped from Workhorse and continues for five years or 100,000 miles (160,000 kilometers), whichever occurs first." Your start date does not reflect the Delayed Start Date, nor the Shipped Date, it states the May 24/07 Build Date. We do understand that the Chassis portion of the WH warranty is expired as of today. Please refer to Page 290 of the WH Owner's Manual W-Series Chassis W 0010627. The Power Train Warranty which remains is for 5 years 100,000 Miles, and we would appreciate if your could arrange to adjust the Delayed Warrantee Start Date to November 1, 2007. Thank you very much, Stella Theriault.

On 11/1/2010 1:50:07 PM, WORKHORSE Support wrote:
We reflect the data provided to us by the selling dealer. Even if we changed it to 11/1/2007 it is a mute point, the chassis warranty expired 11/1/2010 (today) We are at a loss as to why you want it updated when the warranty is now expired. The warranty is 3 years 36,000 miles on the chassis which is completely separate from the power train warranty which remains 5 years 50,000 miles. The power train warranty is NOT shown on this page.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:15 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Edouard, they obviously are pretending or have an Attention Disorder.
You might want to save your typing fingers for these guys. You have a lot of explaining to do, just make one good letter and send it to all of them.
My ESP just played dead for me. I reported them to the NY and Denver BBB, the NY and CO Div of Insurance and the NY and CO State Attorney Generals' office.
They rose from the dead and just paid it.
WH does not seem to sell retail, but maybe they won't want to be hassled by these guys too. At least it will get some 'higher ups' attention
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by max49 View Post
Edouard, they obviously are pretending or have an Attention Disorder.
You might want to save your typing fingers for these guys. You have a lot of explaining to do, just make one good letter and send it to all of them.
My ESP just played dead for me. I reported them to the NY and Denver BBB, the NY and CO Div of Insurance and the NY and CO State Attorney Generals' office.
They rose from the dead and just paid it.
WH does not seem to sell retail, but maybe they won't want to be hassled by these guys too. At least it will get some 'higher ups' attention
Max49,
Thanks for taking the time to read my post again, I believe you commented to a portion of it in my Front Engine Seal Leak. Well that's resolved, my local dealer saw to that, after first having doubt.
I was really beginning to believe it was me, it's like one boulder after another is being sent to block my goal.
You are right I need to go over this NO NAME person's head: to begin with, I'll be phoning my Eastern Canada WH rep tomorrow morning, and the WH warranty head office division also as the first course of action.

I just learned from someone on the RV.Net MH forum that the original selling dealer, Beaudry RV in Arizona, It appears they were closed down by the bankruptcy court and there is no known information on the possibility of its re-opening. It seems the pending sale was an attempt to circumvent the original bankruptcy court protection of creditors, so the Judge just closed the company and voided the sale. Probally will be a liquidation sale of their assets this winter. so not much chance of getting them to send the Delay Start Date notice to WH.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Edouard here is a link about the closing of Beaudry RV Creditors Take Over Beaudry RV’s Properties | RV Business

Good luk with the warrenty adjustment I`m rooting for you !! JP
Mr JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr JP View Post
Edouard here is a link about the closing of Beaudry RV Creditors Take Over Beaudry RV’s Properties | RV Business

Good luk with the warrenty adjustment I`m rooting for you !! JP
Thanks JP, no responce from WH today, and I was unable to pursue this today, visiting family & had to take coach out to have it greased, check rear diff, and front wheel bearing oil. All went well, I helped the mechanic find the Brake Bell Crank zerk, it is painted black, just left of and behind the under hood fuse panel box.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edouard View Post
Thanks JP, no response from WH today, and I was unable to pursue this today, visiting family & had to take coach out to have it greased, check rear diff, and front wheel bearing oil. All went well, I helped the mechanic find the Brake Bell Crank Zerk, it is painted black, just left of and behind the under hood fuse panel box.
I don't know why National did that. It looks like they put an I beam in front of the Zerk.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

This is to confirm to everyone concerned that this matter has been resolved this afternoon to our complete satisfaction.

Our Delay Warranty Start Date has been advanced to November 01, 2007, which allows us an additional five months, from May 24 to Nov.01,2012.

Thank you all for understanding and support.

Eugene & Stella Theriault.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edouard View Post
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

This is to confirm to everyone concerned that this matter has been resolved this afternoon to our complete satisfaction.

Our Delay Warranty Start Date has been advanced to November 01, 2007, which allows us an additional five months, from May 24 to Nov.01,2012.

Thank you all for understanding and support.

Eugene & Stella Theriault.
Really good news, now go and enjoy
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote