Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2007, 04:28 AM   #1

The Workhorse membership is confusing. It appears if I join now it would be for the remainder of 2007 only and not for a full year. Also, it does not even list my Airstream Land Yatch as being in existence. Is this membership worth the fee? Workhorse manual-the $165.00 price is also difficult to comprehend. There is no choice if you want to have part numbers so that you are able to buy generic after market parts from NAPA etc. Am I the only Workhorse owner with the wrong attitude?
BB501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2007, 04:28 AM   #2

The Workhorse membership is confusing. It appears if I join now it would be for the remainder of 2007 only and not for a full year. Also, it does not even list my Airstream Land Yatch as being in existence. Is this membership worth the fee? Workhorse manual-the $165.00 price is also difficult to comprehend. There is no choice if you want to have part numbers so that you are able to buy generic after market parts from NAPA etc. Am I the only Workhorse owner with the wrong attitude?
BB501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:01 AM   #3

I personally found that joining the WH owners club was misleading. One part said that for first time members, the membership would be half price but when signing up, the membership was full price. And I still have not gotten a confirmation or any follow information and I joined a month ago. I also don't like the fact you need to have a FMCA membership # to be a member of the WH owners club. What if someone doesn't want to be a FMCA member but a WH memeber, I guess they are out of luck. Not sure what connection both have but IMO, that is not fair.

As for the manual, that price is in line with what I saw for other manuals(not RVs). I am not sure how much other RV manufacturers charge BTW. The manual for my car is $210 for a CD and $255 for a printed copy. Granted that is for a full car and not just the chassis. My old 2000 F250 manual setof 3 would have been close to $400. I know manuals are expensive to create but I do find that $165 is a bit cheap for just a chassis(and minor extra stuff)
I di find that once I entered my VIN when signing up, they had everything there.

So overall, I have mixed feelings.
RV 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:12 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Workhorse membership is confusing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
BB501: I'm sorry you find WCMC membership confusing. As President of the club, perhaps I can help you. First allow me to re-direct your attention to the club specific forum HERE down below in the LIFESTYLES section. There you can learn more about the club and how it operates.

To answer your specific question, membership is on a calendar year basis. However, club rules provide that anyone who joins after October 1st, is considered to have paid their dues for the following year in addition to the months remaining in the current year. I don't understand your comment about your Airstream not be listed. Perhaps you are confusing the club with the company??

As is fully explained below, the club is a chapter of FMCA, and is run by its members for the members. It is not a part of the Workhorse company. If I can be of assistance, please send me an email or use the PM function here on iRV2. I'll be glad to help guide you through any confusion. Thanks, ED

RV 4 2: PLEASE help me understand, because the club certainly does not intend to "mislead" anyone. I need to know where you read that there was a discount for first time memberships. That is "news" to me....and I should know PLEASE send me an email, or PM with the location of this bad info, so I can get it corrected. As for the lack of followup after you joined, I apoligize for the delay you have experienced, and thank you for joining. As I stated above, the WCMC is operated by its members, and our membership secretary has been travelling and may have fallen behind in her work. Again, I'll be happy to follow up to make sure everything is correct if you send me some info.

As for the "fairness" of requiring our members to belong to FMCA, that is because the club was started by its charter members as a chapter of FMCA. As recently as the June 2006 National Rally, held in Union City, the membership voted to remain under the umbrella of FMCA. It is unfortunate that some Workhorse owners find this to be unacceptable, but it is what it is.

I sincerely hope this reply has been of some help to both of you. Again, please look down below for the club section on iRV2.com and don't forget to visit the club website at www.wcmc.workhorse.com where you can read past newsletters and the current info BLOG to learn more about the club.
edgray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:29 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm a member of the workhorse and FMCA and so is my dog. Went to the rally in Hemet Ca. had a great time. As for FMCA, they have one part in there,if something happens to you and you need to get your rig home they will have someone drive it home for you if I read the policy right. It's like insurance, you hate to pay it but when you need it you are glad you have it.
Glen Taylor Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote