Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2006, 11:42 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
At my nearest Workhorse/Allison Service Center. They sell Big Trucks, GMC, and Buick. They do not like to service Motorhomes. The service reps fight over who has to deal with the Motorhome. Upon my first visit, quote "it your turn, No it's your turn", and so on. I have leaking exhaust pipes and of course they had to order parts. Two weeks later they call me the parts are in. I make the appointment and leave the M/H. That afternoon they call and wrong parts were ordered or wrong parts shipped???? So now the parts are ordered and I am waiting and waiting and waiting. A month and still waiting, by the way the guy that works on the M/H is the least experience, low seniority becauses like the service reps nobody want to mess with the M/H. The motorhome dept of workhorse service centers is the Step Child. The real business is trucks and autos. Now you know why you are waiting or returning or returning or returning.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2006, 11:42 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
At my nearest Workhorse/Allison Service Center. They sell Big Trucks, GMC, and Buick. They do not like to service Motorhomes. The service reps fight over who has to deal with the Motorhome. Upon my first visit, quote "it your turn, No it's your turn", and so on. I have leaking exhaust pipes and of course they had to order parts. Two weeks later they call me the parts are in. I make the appointment and leave the M/H. That afternoon they call and wrong parts were ordered or wrong parts shipped???? So now the parts are ordered and I am waiting and waiting and waiting. A month and still waiting, by the way the guy that works on the M/H is the least experience, low seniority becauses like the service reps nobody want to mess with the M/H. The motorhome dept of workhorse service centers is the Step Child. The real business is trucks and autos. Now you know why you are waiting or returning or returning or returning.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:23 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Try getting service in Canada. NObody was anything in stock. Even if it's something they could get at the local GM dealer, if it's a warranty item it has to come from Work Horse. Last time I had work done it took 3 weeks to get the part. I could drive down to their factory in 3 hours. The US/CDN boarder is like the iron curtain when it comes to shipping. My MH has been off the road from the end of July until the end of Sept. waiting for parts either from WH or Winnebago and it's still not fixed.
Gary N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:21 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm glad they're not all like that. I've used two different WH service centers in CA, and I have no complaint with either of them. However, there's one in Utah that I'd never go back to.
wilanddij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:19 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ron55 and Gary N
Have you called Workhorse and complained about this problem?

Maybe DriVer can help if he sees this--
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:30 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
No, I haven't complained to workhorse because it's the only workhorse service center within a reasonable distance and I don't want to make this service center mad at me, because they really don't want motor home work. They have the only Big Truck business in this area, and they get all the work they want.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:26 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeT:
Maybe DriVer can help if he sees this-- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ron55 & Gary N, Please send me a PM.

attention all Workhorse Service Customers: Hi!

Here's the deal ....

In all cases please go to Workhorse.com and register your service experience directly with Workhorse. You have the power!

Once on the WCC website go to Motorhome/SERVICE Motorhome/Find a Motorhome Service Center. Enter the zip code where you live and click on [SEARCH].

Please observe at the bottom of each dealer listing is a LINK reading Rate this dealer.

This opens up the following page:

Bleecker Olds-Buick-GMC, Inc.
926 E. 4th Avenue
Red Springs, NC, 28377

If you have a service issues or emergency that needs immediate assistance, please call Workhorse Custom Chassis Service Department at (877) 246 7731 or call 24-hour Workhorse Roadside Assistance at (877) 946 7731.

Please tell us what you think! Please complete this brief survey to better help us improve the service you receive from your authorized Workhorse Service Center.

Workhorse is committed to listening to the customer, so your feedback is extremely important to us. Your time and input are greatly appreciated.

1. Please rate your overall service experience
Excellent Good Fair Poor
Please answer this question

2. Was a convenient appointment date available?
Yes No

3. Was the service staff courteous?
Yes No

4. Were the necessary parts in stock to fix the unit?
Yes No

5. Was your motor home ready when promised?
Yes No

6. Was your motor home as clean or cleaner than when you dropped it off?
Yes No

7. Were the charges and work performed explained to your satisfaction?
Yes No

8. Was the service work performed right the first time?
Yes No

9. Would you recommend this service department to other motor home owners?
Yes No

10. May we share your responses with your servicing dealer?
Yes, please share my responses with my servicing dealer.
No, I prefer my responses remain confidential.

Please include any additional comments you have:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ball is in "Your" court! Use the available resources or be forever mired with the perception of being in between a rock and a hard place. You do have the power like I said and what you tell Workhorse is important.

What your feedback does could affect how WCC interacts with the dealership and having several and consistent poor evaluations triggers actions from the National Service Director, Alan Stegitch. I am told that he looks over the feedback logs on a regularly scheduled basis and he notes the feedback and compiles data. If it's important to you it's important to Workhorse. If the center rates continuously poor they're invited to join the NFL (not for long). "Good" or "Bad" get those feedbacks into WCC.

Equally important are the "Good" feedback reports because this gets the dealer to the next reimbursement level where they provide the excellent service that you are reporting and the center get a small bump upward in their reimbursement schedule. Good service to WCC customers nets rewards.

Centers that receive no or very few comments are like in limbo, they just continue to do their business routinely on a day-to-day basis. That's why a good service experience report is essential. if you receive satisfactory service let them know. The tools are there so please use them.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:21 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Driver,

I can't figure out how to send you a PM.

Thanks for the info on the dealer survey. I, like Ron55, feel the same about giving the local dealer a bad rap due to them being the only game in town. My complaint is more about the parts distribution system and how long it takes to get them here.

My auto park / parking brake failed while on vacation on the east coast this summer. Have you seen the movie "RV", well every time we stopped my wife had to get out and block the wheels.

Work Horse wasn't much help on the phone and when we final got it back to the dealer it took a month to get it fixed. The majority of that time, I was told, was waiting for the parts.

Earlier in the year I had a problem that turned out to be O2 sensors but the service center thought it was Mass Air Flow so that's what was ordered first. Ten days later the part came in, I went back for install and they then determind it was the O2 sensor. Another ten days to get that part installed. That episode involved 1 trip for diagnosis plus two more trips for parts. Total 120 miles plus my time. If they would have had some parts in stock it could have been done all at once.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:54 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary N.:
I can't figure out how to send you a PM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Click on my name in the left column. Select "Invite DriVer to a Private Topic". A post window will come up. Type in your message and I'll get a notice in my e-mail that you sent me a PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:39 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
At this time I do not want to go any further, big dealer, small town. I have two other GM vehicles. I was looking for other people's comment about workhorse service. Looking for good comments for workhorse service locations, that I may want to visit in the future. So if you have one you want to recommend, please post. THE PARTS THING. Unlike auto part stores, Most Dealers only order parts ONE day per week, so if you come in on Wed and they don't order till Monday! This is every dealer I have known and I worked at a (not workhorse) dealership. for 5 years.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:29 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RON55:
At this time I do not want to go any further, big dealer, small town. I have two other GM vehicles. I was looking for other people's comment about workhorse service. Looking for good comments for workhorse service locations, that I may want to visit in the future. So if you have one you want to recommend, please post. THE PARTS THING. Unlike auto part stores, Most Dealers only order parts ONE day per week, so if you come in on Wed and they don't order till Monday! This is every dealer I have known and I worked at a (not workhorse) dealership. for 5 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, only ordering parts once a week would really be bad business. I can see that for stuff they usually carry on the shelf and are out of, but not for someones car, sitting on the hoist waiting for a tail pipe. The GM dealer in my small town can get almost anything over night, if it's in the closest warehouse or two days if it has to come from Montreal.

I know that GM and Work Horse is like apples and oranges but they need to improve their methods of getting parts out to the service centers. If crossing the boarder is going to hold things up that much then they should have a Canadian distribution system. Or a joint venture with an exsisting one like GM. It shouldn't take a week to get something as simple as an O2 sensor. And all the service centers should be required to carry certain parts in stock on the shelf, like plugs, filters, belts, hoses etc. My closest WH service center works mainly on large diesel trucks and I'll bet they don't even have as much as a oil filter in stock for an 8.1 gas engine. Although for that they could call the local Chev dealer and have it delivered in a few minutes.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:07 AM   #12

Driver
The feedback from customer to Workhorse is a good feature, however there should be a rating system available for us before we make that all crucial appointment! Once your there your there.
We had a bad experience in NE everyone looked at our coach but the WH Trained Tech, he was busy working on the Police Chiefs car! When he finally looked at ours 6 hours later he had no clue about troubleshooting even with the hand held! They didn't charge us $$ and I fixed it when we found a Campground, Bad fuse!

If I have a problem I'll do whatever I can do before bringing it in to any service center, most are crap shoots! Feeling lucky?

Stay Strong, LiveStrong
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 05:42 AM   #13

Weld County Garage / Truck City Greeley, CO got me in the next day for Allison transmission service. Traveling thru during tourist season, thought that was pretty good.Professional work by professionals. Dog welcome in waiting room!
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:37 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ed/Full-time:
If I have a problem I'll do whatever I can do before bringing it in to any service center, most are crap shoots! Feeling lucky? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Everything is a crap shoot just like the last dentist I went to visit. Can you say OWwww!

If you have the time and resources see if you can research a little bit by putting out some feelers here and if you have the time a PM to me might help.

The service center with the inattentive technician should have earned a poor rating from you in the dealer locator on workhorse.com. I hope you filled out the survey!

Remember one of the best resources to help you find a service center is the Road Side Assistance folks @ 877-946-7731.