Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2021, 01:35 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Workhorse UFO Fuel Fill Leak

Found that I have a leak at the clamp on tank side of the fill hose. After some research on issue there was a recall on dual fill tanks where one side is capped off and the hose use for the cap is not gasoline resistant. My chassis build options list has option NNB listed which is on the recall sheet.

Has anyone had this recall done for Service Bulletin 61101-C and if so is it absolutely necessary to drop the fuel tank? Since I received no notification of this recall, and WH is defunct guess it is on my dime to get things done if in fact it is this hose is the culprit of the leak.

Had the fuel pump changed out about 4 years ago and not sure if the clamp they used in the process has just come loose or it is in fact a hose issue. Will pump out the tank below the fill line to investigate starting tomorrow.

Best regards,

Lash

UFO Chassis
Lash is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2021, 01:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
Found that I have a leak at the clamp on tank side of the fill hose. After some research on issue there was a recall on dual fill tanks where one side is capped off and the hose use for the cap is not gasoline resistant. My chassis build options list has option NNB listed which is on the recall sheet.

Has anyone had this recall done for Service Bulletin 61101-C and if so is it absolutely necessary to drop the fuel tank? Since I received no notification of this recall, and WH is defunct guess it is on my dime to get things done if in fact it is this hose is the culprit of the leak.

Had the fuel pump changed out about 4 years ago and not sure if the clamp they used in the process has just come loose or it is in fact a hose issue. Will pump out the tank below the fill line to investigate starting tomorrow.

Best regards,

Lash
RON: You are right about the CAP on the UNUSED tank fill being recalled due to not having a gasoline-resistant rubber compound. IF your chassis is included in the recall to correct this problem the recall will be listed on your "build sheet". I can check on that for you- all I need is the LAST eight (8) digits of the vin #. edgray1@gmail.com
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:04 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As a followup to my original post, my gas tank is dual fill unit with one side a dummy. The leak is coming from the rotted capped off side as was shown on the recall notice 61101-C. Needless to say I never received the recall notice and I purchased the coach new.

Am going to see if I can change out the hoses without dropping the tank and this may not be so bad on the UFO R26 chassis.

Best Regards

Lash

UFO Chassis
Old 08-01-2021, 01:11 PM   #4

There's a place called something like fillerneck.com. they may have fuel hose and some sort of cap/plugs as wll . They have so many necks ect. it's hard to believe. Good prices as well.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 04:04 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the info 153stars. Will check it out. Luckily I think I can access the area without dropping the fuel tank as it is full for storage right now.

Best regards
Lash

UFO Chassis
Old 08-02-2021, 07:08 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had mine fixed under the recall. The tank had to be dropped.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:07 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I believe they had to drop my tank also. The recall was done over 10 years ago and my memory has faded.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, leak, ufo, workhorse