Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
On Thur. 23 August, the main Workhorse warehouse was badly damaged by a tornado. Very limited partd.

There is a small warehouse in Reno, but they said they would only ship parts from there for roadside breakdown, if they could.

I've lost my ABS control module, and they said it would be a least a couple weeks before I should even consider getting the parts. This is directly from Workhouse this morning.

If anyone hear updates on status, please post.
Blue Ribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
On Thur. 23 August, the main Workhorse warehouse was badly damaged by a tornado. Very limited partd.

There is a small warehouse in Reno, but they said they would only ship parts from there for roadside breakdown, if they could.

I've lost my ABS control module, and they said it would be a least a couple weeks before I should even consider getting the parts. This is directly from Workhouse this morning.

If anyone hear updates on status, please post.
Blue Ribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Blue Ribbon, Its sad to think that Workhorse parts and distribution is confined to one warehouse. If this be the case, then I guess you will just have to wait. I don't know what your specific problem is, but rest assured your motorhomes brakes are perfectly workable without the ABS system. After all ABS braking systems are relatively new, and cars and trucks have operated many many years with out the benefit of this system. Wait for the part, and enjoy the ride.

Dieselclacker
Old 08-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Not that uncommon to only have one or two parts distribution warehouse through out the country. Workhorse is not nearly as large as Cat, Clark, Mitsubishi, Yale or Hyster and they each only have 1 or 2 DC's for the thousands of customers in the country. You can't fault Workhorse for an act of nature. My only hope is that no people at the warehouse were injured.

Richard
Old 08-29-2007, 05:23 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avalondanes:
Not that uncommon to only have one or two parts distribution warehouse through out the country. Workhorse is not nearly as large as Cat, Clark, Mitsubishi, Yale or Hyster and they each only have 1 or 2 DC's for the thousands of customers in the country. You can't fault Workhorse for an act of nature. My only hope is that no people at the warehouse were injured.

Richard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Regardless of how many distribution centers the other companies you mentioned, one should not have to wait for two weeks or more to receive a part because one warehouse goes down. There are surly subcenters or parts that are stocked on shelf at dealers, maybe there is an inter tie link between, inventories at Workhorse dealers. If not there should be!

Dieselclacker
Old 08-29-2007, 05:47 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Back in 1981 I while working for IBM I was part of the Rochester Market Support Center. I designed and managed computer center. This center wrote a small application to show case our products like the System 38, System 34, 5280 and a host mainframe. The mainframe acted as the main processing hub/shipping center and the other systems acted as order entry centers and shipping centers.

Whats my point you ask? If we could set up a demo 26 years ago that inputed orders from any site, created shipping lists from any site and billing from the main frame then why can't WCC do it today. If they didn't build in any redundancy into the system, then shame on them. The customer suffers from their poor planning and implementation.

I agree with Dieselclacker, two weeks for any part is 2 long.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
A lot of Workhorse parts are standard Chevy/GM parts and may be obtainable via that path. Also things like ABS brakes are out-sourced, they are not made by GM or Workhorse but by other companies and if you get the right person at Workhorse your service center might be able to bypass Workhorse.

However there... I'd kind of doubt it. As it happens I know ONE company that makes Workhorse brake systems... (There are at least two), in fact I've been to their plant, as a speaker no less (But not to the company)
Old 08-30-2007, 09:22 AM   #8
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John-D:
However there... I'd kind of doubt it. As it happens I know ONE company that makes Workhorse brake systems... (There are at least two), in fact I've been to their plant, as a speaker no less (But not to the company) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There are a minimum of 3 that I know of. It is unlikely that WCC parts can be circumvented however there are surely in common parts for many of the sub systems used in the chassis.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am on hold for an ABS switch (attaches to the master cyclinder) that caused my Emergency Brake light and ABS light to remain on all the time. Service center called WCC and was told they weren't sure when they could start shipping so I am waiting for a call that the part is in.

2002 Brave 34D
JnGOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:00 PM   #10
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
From public Internet resources:

We're seeing this quite a bit:

<span class="ev_code_RED">Uptime Parts is currently experiencing difficulties shipping parts from its West Chicago location due to unforeseen circumstances. Shipping from this location is likely to be affected for the next few days. All efforts are being made to ensure we can continue to serve our customers as quickly and effectively as possible.</span>

Message from Chuck Kosmin, President UpTime Parts:

Employee Update - Wednesday, August 29, 2007:

As was mentioned in our meeting on Monday, office employees should report to the ITEC PDC for work tomorrow at 8:00AM on Thursday, August 30, 2007.

There has been significant activity at our 385 Fenton facility. Roof repairs have already begun and we are planning to have use of the warehouse portion for normal operations later this week. Our plan, at this point, is to continue to have warehouse activity at 385 Fenton Lane while the repair of the building is underway.

In addition, we will need to have some additional space for parts and possibly warehouse activity during the rebuilding process. Our most likely option is a facility in North Aurora. We would have a limited number of warehouse employees at this warehouse. The number there will depend upon our ability to work around and with the construction group at the 385 Fenton building.

It is our intent to continue to review temporary options for the office staff beyond what we have established at the ITEC PDC. We may decide to rent space or utilize portable office trailers on site at 385 Fenton. We should have this decision made next week. In the meanwhile, please be focused on making yourself as comfortable as possible in our temporary office at ITEC.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:44 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you read my post under WH (stuck in Lodi) I was very fortunate to get parts following the tornado and only because the order beat the tornado by a few hours. During time I thot parts would be weeks in coming I checked with several GM dealers (chev ) and found their parts dept. did not have cross ref to WH parts number and I presume you know the obvious reason. When my parts finally arrived from WH it was interesting to note that everyone of the parts had a GM parts number prominently printed on the package and in some cases the WH number was penned on an ad on sticker. Now why won't WH relax a little bit when they are unable to perform on their own??
Gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Why will WCC not give you a xref to GM... It's called profit, you up charge the up charge and the consumer pays.