Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2006, 06:01 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Took rig to Rex yesterday. Service mgr asst, mechanic and I went back to same scales. Same person working the scales. The holding tanks and fresh water were emptied first. I gassed on the way and it had 1/2 tank of gas. I was in error when first posted fresh water as full. I had taken 7 plactic shopping bags of ice out since it was last filled plus 2 days camping. The gauges just showed full.
The weight this time weighed the front 6,660# and rear 14,040# total 20,700#. We had emptied all cargo. The diff between the critical rear wt of 2 weighing sessions was 1,260#. There was NOT anything removed equaling 1/4 of that and not w/ 1/4 tank more gas this time.

Going with this is about as much deviation on my F250. Found unladen wt on the title, 4950#.

Here is exactly the way that CAT ticket is written:
> 2080
> 2820

Maybe I just can't read it right. The truck doesn't have a tailgate But it had 15 gal gas. I think unladen wt is w/o fuel. Yes No?
The important thing is I can tow!

8.1 Vortec 5 spd Allison
eandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2006, 06:01 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Took rig to Rex yesterday. Service mgr asst, mechanic and I went back to same scales. Same person working the scales. The holding tanks and fresh water were emptied first. I gassed on the way and it had 1/2 tank of gas. I was in error when first posted fresh water as full. I had taken 7 plactic shopping bags of ice out since it was last filled plus 2 days camping. The gauges just showed full.
The weight this time weighed the front 6,660# and rear 14,040# total 20,700#. We had emptied all cargo. The diff between the critical rear wt of 2 weighing sessions was 1,260#. There was NOT anything removed equaling 1/4 of that and not w/ 1/4 tank more gas this time.

Going with this is about as much deviation on my F250. Found unladen wt on the title, 4950#.

Here is exactly the way that CAT ticket is written:
> 2080
> 2820

Maybe I just can't read it right. The truck doesn't have a tailgate But it had 15 gal gas. I think unladen wt is w/o fuel. Yes No?
The important thing is I can tow!

8.1 Vortec 5 spd Allison
Old 08-04-2006, 06:21 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eandy:
The important thing is I can tow! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm missing something in the translation here. Are you trying to tow the motorhome with the truck or are you towing the 7700 pound truck with the motohome. I surely don't know how long your truck will last towing the motorhome but towing a 7700 pound truck with a T-Rex W-22 is out of the question.

About your CAT scale ticket it should read:

<LI>Steer axle: =
<LI>Drive axle: =
<LI>Trailer axle: =

... add all 3 of those and that's your GCW. I was just being humousous about towing the motorhome, I know don't quit my day job.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The post didn't show the exact way ticket is written and edit won't correct. The numbers and greater than symbols are actually over to the right clear of the numbers w/o symbols above them. That's the oddest method of writing numbers to be added I've ever seen. Maybe new math. If you get a mental pic of what I've described, the order of wts as you show are listed correctly. I've no idea of what the other numbers with symbols shown first are for. The 7720 could be taken as total weight. Thats why I posted the unladen wt of truck from title that says 4950# and truck didn't have tailgate when weighed.Quite likely is 4900.
Subtracting the 4900 from the 7720 looks like about the same amount of difference between 1st and 2nd weighing of rv minus contents. THE SCALES WERE,WE THINK, WRONG when truck and rv were weighed the 1st time. It caused at lot of alarm. I should call the state wts and measures dept to get there and chk the scales.
In trying to get wt of truck, till I thought to ck title, I did a lot of reading on the "Sliders" forum. It's become obvious now about the use of Ride-Rites for leveling. Really useful for their needs for back heavy p/u. For big class A they really make for a softer ride. Wouldn't use for leveling for camping. Will likely pop for adding dash controller and in-line elec pump when I have expendable money again. It's a pain to unlock gen storage to ck/air R-Rs in prep for trip.

BTW Mike @ Brazels was true to his word and sent me something. I've posted pics of that & truck. They're waiting approval, if you've any influence.
Second, I need to explain the perhaps confusing wording of my posts. Afraid I can't do much about it. It's the result of living in Scotland 12 yrs. MY English is now a mix of American English, Scottish English, and sometimes Scottish country folks slang with old Scottish words. Both the English and Scots often phrase their sentences differently than us yanks.

8.1 Vortec 5 spd Allison
Old 08-04-2006, 02:59 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eandy:
MY English is now a mix of American English, Scottish English, and sometimes Scottish country folks slang with old Scottish words. Both the English and Scots often phrase their sentences differently than us yanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ahh yes and a wee bit of the single malt!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote