Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2021, 05:25 AM   #1

1994 f53 460 Brakes Issue

Ok guys I need some help
I just replaced the master cylinder on my 94 f53. My son in law was going to surprise me by bleeding the brakes but he took the rubber hoses off the front brakes instead of using the bleeder. Now the front wheels are locked up but if I open the bleeder valve with no brake pedal pressure the wheel will turn but as soon as the brakes are applied and released the wheels will be locked up again.could it be the rubber hose problem or do I need to check other items. Thank you for any advice
Billw94f53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2021, 06:00 AM   #2

The master cylinder will hold the brakes on if it does not completely return, after stepping on it. That's the first place to look.
If there was a rod between the master and the booster, it needs to be set correctly.

Second place is to check if the master cylinder has a check valve in it. Back when drum brakes were used, master cylinders held some pressure to the drum brakes.
Disk brakes don't need that and will hold if its in the master. The check valves are in the ports, where the lines connect and most can be pulled out with a sheet metal screw.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 08:47 PM   #3

1994 f53 motorhome

So I had this sticking brakes after replacing the master cylinder I checked everything and come to find out I used the new fitting that came with the master cylinder on the front brake line port and I found out after checking the old reducer that the new one did not let the fluid flow back after releasing the brake pedal so I put the old one on and problem fixed
Billw94f53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f53, brakes