Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2020, 08:11 AM   #1

1994 Ford E350 Rt. Rear turn Signal and Brake Light Donít work

This is a 1994 Jayco 290 Eagle DB Iím repairing for my dad. I believe it is on a E350 chassis. The right rear emergency flashher, brake light and turn signal have no power. Rt. Front turn signal works. Left side works. I replaced the combination, multifunction turn signal switch. The deficit remains.

Where can I find a wiring diagram to trace this circuit? What is my most likely next area to check?

Thanks,

Marvin
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2020, 08:39 AM   #2

Cruise control doesnít work either

In case there is some correlation, the cruise control doesnít activate either.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:21 AM   #3

More likely a bad ground connection at that light.
Did you remove the light and check the wiring behind it ?

Does the tail light light up normal brightness ? If dimmer then the other side, that's a clue of a bad ground.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:37 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Maybe this will help:

/
subford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:43 AM   #5

Thank you, this will get me started. I believe the tail light brilliance is as it should be but I will pull the assembly to make sure and start working back to the front. The trailer Rt. Side brake/turn signal doesnít work either. I see according to the diagram, if the front turn signal works, I should be getting power back to the back.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:50 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
I edited the image 2 times so make sure you reload for the last posting of it.
subford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:25 PM   #7

Pulled both tail light assemblies out today. Connections are good, ground is good, it is the same ground used on the rest of the assembly and tail lights work well. Absolutely is no voltage to brake light on right side. All connections are good at back end. Now I have the color of wire to look for as I move up to the front of the rig.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:45 AM   #8

Fixed!

I next traced the Jayco wiring to the connection between Jayco and the Ford factory wiring. Felt sure I would find a broken connection there. Nope! Those connections are both crimped and soldered.

Traced wiring on up to the front. Started checking the OEM connection plugs under the chassis. They all looked A-1.

Looked at the wiring diagram Subford supplied again and saw that the trailer lights are fused separately. I then remembered that when I pulled the rear taillights and traced the wiring, that the trailer lights are looped onto the same circuit as the rear vehicle lights. The fuses for the trailer lights are in the power distribution box near the brake master cylinder in the engine compartment. Sure enough, Jayco (and maybe other Class Cís?) ran all rear lights off the trailer light circuits. And yes, the fuse was blown. Of course a short in any trailer wiring, takes out the entire rear lights on that circuit both trailer and vehicle.

Tags
brake, ford, light