Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #1

2000 V10 Triton will not start

I have a 2000 National Tropical with a V10 Triton that will not start. It ran perfect the last time out....I suspect a bad fuel pump. Is it located in the fuel tank? How can I check to see if it is working....Thanks for your help!!
wmtorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #2

First check the 20amp fuel pump relay fuse located in the covered fuse block located on the front of your firewall towards the center above the radiator. If the fuse checks OK try replacing the fuel pump relay which should be the 5th relay to your right as you're facing the box.

Try that and let us know what happens,

Good luck

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtorp View Post
I have a 2000 National Tropical with a V10 Triton that will not start. It ran perfect the last time out....I suspect a bad fuel pump. Is it located in the fuel tank? How can I check to see if it is working....Thanks for your help!!
You should have a schrader valve in the fuel rail this allows a way to bleed air out of the fuel rail. Carefully and quickly push in on the valve a couple of times, watch yourself, if there is pressure on the system it can squirt in your face it could also cause a fire.
If you push on the valve and nothing comes out then you can suspect the fuel pump. If, however, you have fuel at the fuel rail then it could be the injectors fuse.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
rf4

Winnebago Owners Club
I am trying to help my husband with our 01 minnie winnie, V-10.

It also won't start. Does the above info also apply to that engine?
rf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:58 AM   #5

Same thing happened to me. I replaced the fuel filter, and it started right up.
Gary B is offline   Reply With Quote