Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2022, 08:55 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
2003 F53 exhaust heat shield

Right now I am waiting for the weather to warm up so I can crawl under and fix the exhaust heat shield because the weld broke loose on the back end.
Has anyone one else has this issue I heard it come loose and thought it was a spring on the levelers because it sounds like a spring that type of sound. I crawled under the RV yesterday and found it but the weather here in Freeport Tx said take shelter. I had to put my slide in because of the wind.
I will attach pictures when I go back under
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2022, 10:46 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndale View Post
Right now I am waiting for the weather to warm up so I can crawl under and fix the exhaust heat shield because the weld broke loose on the back end.
Has anyone one else has this issue I heard it come loose and thought it was a spring on the levelers because it sounds like a spring that type of sound. I crawled under the RV yesterday and found it but the weather here in Freeport Tx said take shelter. I had to put my slide in because of the wind.
I will attach pictures when I go back under

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1512.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	380974
Old 11-15-2022, 10:59 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you don't have access to a welder (MIG), you could go to the HDWR store and with a short piece of 1 x 1/4" steel flat stock, and a couple of bolts, make a brace that bolts to the shield and frame.

Redneck repair..........

Mike in Colorado
2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37c, 8.1 gasser, (Jezebel) Ultra RV ECM / TCM, plugs wires, and rear track bar, PPE deep Tx pan w/ temp gage, Bilstein's, Sailun's & Sumo's all round, pushed by a 2002 Grand Caravan, on a Master Tow Dolly OR a WR-250 on a rail.
Flyer15015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 12:20 PM   #4
US1

The shield on mine was also loose. Just a couple of welds still intact. I hit it again with the welder and all is good now. 2007 F53
US1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 04:20 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
If you look closely at it I drilled and installed 1/4 self tapping bolts and the RTV I used as a damper from over flexing. Right now I am at Blue Water RV Resort in Freeport TX. So no welder here. And the noise it was making because all of the wind was driving me crazy [emoji12]
I will fix the front part when it warms up and I am back at home.

Tags
exhaust, f53, heat