Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2020, 08:20 AM   #1

2014 Bounder crank no start

Hello, I am frustrated to a new point in life. Currently my 2014 fleetwood bounder is sitting in the driveway and will not start. First thing i checked was fuel pressure. No pressure so i replaced the fuel driver module, no help. Then the daunting task of dropping the tank and new fuel pump, no help. I have checked all fuses and relays i can find, no help. My code reader just says fault in fuel system but no code. I also do not have any injectors firing even though there are no fault codes. I am leaning toward the PCM but looking for advice before i head that direction. Live in the keys so it is hard to find a shop that will take in a motorhome. So in conclusion, if i spray starting fluid in the intake it will start but it has no fuel pressure or injectors working.
KWcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2020, 08:36 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Sorry for your trouble. What chassis is your Bounder on ?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 10:18 AM   #3

If you have someone put an ear to the fill when you switch on, he should be able to hear the pump. (This is always a good first test.)

Without knowing the chassis, the pump is usually controlled by a relay in the fuse block. Find that guy and decode with terminal is the pump. Measure between that and ground and see if there is anybody home.
If yes, make up a jumper to put power there and listen for the pump then try cranking.
If no, the connection form there to the pump is open and without knowing what chassis, I can't begin to tell you where to look.

Frank
F76Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 02:34 PM   #4

sorry, it is the 2014 F53 chassis. Ford V10. I have power to the fuel pump module but it will not switch on the pump. without a wiring schematic I am not sure where the ground cables are. I don't see any damaged wires anywhere so I don't believe it is wiring. I can jump voltage direct to the pump but even with pressure the injectors will not fire. because it is two similar systems not working I am starting to think it is the PCM. thanks
KWcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 02:47 PM   #5
Community Administrator

I’ll move this to our Ford section

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 04:58 PM   #6

Not sure if the newer ones have it or not, the older F53s like mine has it, but there is the safety switch that is normally under the dash near the steering column that has a reset switch on it. They trip if in an accident, etc, and disable the fuel pump. Could track that down and check. just have to push in the button on top if it did trip.

Again, no idea if yours still has it or not.
MtylerAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 04:39 AM   #7

pump

The fuel pump power is provided by the Fuel Pump Relay, to the Inertia Switch, then on to the pump.
Your problem may just be the Fuel Pump Relay contacts are bad.
see if this is any help
Pull the PCM and fuel pump relays out and set them aside. Then pull the horn and blower relays and put them in where the PCM and fuel pump relays were. Try starting the engine now.
Over the years I have found more relays bad for the PCM than the fuel pump. The PCM relay powers the fuel pump relay.
If this doesn't help I would lift the fuse - relay block and look for corroded wires or connectors on the bottom side.

Note that the PCM relay besides sending power to the fuel pump relay coil (not the fuel pump) it also sends power to all of the fuel injectors, other solenoids, the transmission and it powers the PCM Computer. All of these items get power off of a RED wire.

from a 97 F53
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fuelrelay.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	299822  
tiffy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, no start