Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2016, 12:00 AM   #1

2016 Inside Dual Valve Stem Extenders

While at the GNR I was talking to another person about inside dual valve stem extenders. I told him that I couldn't find any for the Ford 2016 22.5 aluminum rims. Our conversation was overheard by a Winnebago employee. He said that the 2017 chassis leave the factory with valve extenders. Sure enough the 2017 display models had valve extenders.

I went to Winnebago parts to order a set but they couldn't locate the parts in their system. Next I tried Lichtsinn R V. They found the extenders but they had to order them. I had them shipped to my home and they were here when we arrived home on Saturday.

The rubber stabilizer came from www.MidWestWheel.com

Rubber stabilizer part number 002225

The valve stem extenders came from Winnebago.

Extension/Valve Stem -Live - 7.7"

Winnebago Part Number 095012-09-000

Safe travels. JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2016, 06:26 PM   #2
WDW

Save yourself some problems down the road and consider Borge Dullys. They replace the valve stem and have less potential for failure as compared to extenders. However you will have to find a truck tire shop to remove your tires to install them. But IMHO it's worth the expense.

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH
2015 Jeep Roadmaster AT. tow bar with RVI2 supplemental.

Taking in the sight wherever our Trolley takes us...
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:42 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Camping World now carries dually valve extenders.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:51 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Make sure they will handle the psi your tires call for - not all of them do !
Old 08-17-2016, 10:46 AM   #5

When I purchased this 2016 a year ago I purchased dually valve extenders from Camping World and I took them to my Ford truck service center for installation. The dually valve extenders from Camping World did not fit the new 2016 aluminum 22.5 rims.

The Ford truck service center said that they had some that would fit. When I picked up the coach Ford said that they searched but could not find any that would fit the new rims.

I was trying to avoid the braded extenders but they came from the factory on our 2005 and I never had a problem. So when I saw that Winnebago was putting the above mentioned extenders on their 2017 coaches I decided to install a set.

I have tried different pneumatic air chucks, angled, straight, clamp on, but none of them easily allows adding air to the inside dual tires. I will install these on my coach to make service easier .

If someone has a dually part number that will work on the Ford 2016 22.5 aluminum wheels hopefully they will post it here.

Save travels . JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:04 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ok mine may be a 2104 with aluminum rims but I have the braded lines installed and have not had any problems as of yet with them. Without the lines it was real hard to reach the inner wheels and get a good reading.
I still say check at CW because they have added to their stock and I believe they may even carry the hard long valve stem replacements.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:09 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am not sure what mine are. I had LD install my TPMS and they said i needed valve extenders for the Duels and i said okay. They where around $250 total but they are great and i have never had any issue with them or my TPMS going on the valve stems. I look at my invoice tonight, might say the brand
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:19 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi just to help out here I went to a semi truck tire repair place to have the valve stems for the inside duelee. Took both rear inside tires off and replace the stems and added extenders steel ones!! Cost was $60. Pilot and Loves could do it if you brought the parts. These highway semi tire repair guys had all the parts and knew exactly what to do. I now have no problem getting accurate psi check on inner tires. Hope this helps.
Sharraz1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:43 AM   #9

Borg dually SST valve stems are the best go to Dually valve kits for Motor-homes, Busses and 6-wheeled chassis and call them for what you need. They are super knowledgeable and will ask you a few questions and send you exactly what you need.
SSTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote