Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2022, 12:21 AM   #1

2018 Ford P53 Winnebego intent 30r stuck in park

Backed into my camping spot and the engine is running while I put down the automatic levelers. E-brake is on, in park, walked outside to double-check the jacks were all down and noticed the reverse lights are on. Scared the poo out of me and ran back into the RV and saw the shifter was still in park NOT in reverse. Didn't think much of it and turned off the engine. Now I can no longer start the engine or get the shifter out of park. While stepping on the brake I have put the ignition into the ON position and not able to get it out of park. Turned it to ACC position and can't get it out of park. The brake relay by the pedal I can hear click and the brake lights come on but still can not start or get out of park. When I turn off the key I get a dash reading and an alarm sound telling me to put the shifter into park. It's already in park and it appears that something is telling the RV that it's out of park gear. I am not sure what I am looking for, but I have looked at the fuses in the engine bay just above the radiator. I have checked the fuses under the dash near the drivers left foot. I have yet pulled every fuse out to inspect as that will take a long day. I have researched what I can and just can't figure this out. Dash lights work. I have power in the ignition, It will not start thinking it is not in park. The brake relay switch SLS-510 will be swapped out tomorrow. I just feel like this is a silly blown fuse or a solenoid but can't find anything on chat sites or websites on what fuse to look for or how to fix this issue.
US RV As-is is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2022, 12:42 AM   #2

I know nothing about these, but found this about an emergency procedure to get the vehicle out of park, maybe this will allow you to get it to shift out of and back into park: https://community.fmca.com/topic/135...park-solution/
JamesInTahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 10:11 AM   #3

Good possibility that it is the neutral safety switch being out of adjustment. It typically is mounted to the case of the transmission.
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 10:15 AM   #4

I would second what Steve W said, neutral safety switch.
rssnape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 12:35 PM   #5

GOT IT! OK people. This is for the 2018 Winnebago Intent 30r. Under the dash find the shifter cable. Follow it from the steering column. There is a plastic housing on the cable. It is suppose to go into a metal plate slot to hold in place. That plastic piece popped out. Have the wife step on brake and move the shifter around to get the the plastic piece lined up and pull it down into the metal plate slot that holds it into place. Now we can shift out of Park gear and start the engine and shift again.. I have pics not sure how to post them.
Old 05-23-2022, 12:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by US RV As-is View Post
GOT IT! OK people. This is for the 2018 Winnebago Intent 30r. Under the dash find the shifter cable. Follow it from the steering column. There is a plastic housing on the cable. It is suppose to go into a metal plate slot to hold in place. That plastic piece popped out. Have the wife step on brake and move the shifter around to get the the plastic piece lined up and pull it down into the metal plate slot that holds it into place. Now we can shift out of Park gear and start the engine and shift again.. I have pics not sure how to post them.

Occasionally this happens to me. I found that if I really pushed hard in the brake it will come out of park. Has not failed me yet.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:43 PM   #7

look for the piece of plastic. It was out of its metal slot. that's was my problem.

Tags
ford