Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2022, 05:07 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFell View Post
I too manually downshift before a big hill, especially when towing. I do it via the button on the shifter, not flooring the throttle.

They do get loud when running up near 4k rpms. I have not had my fan engage yet, but I don't hit big mountains while towing. My MH is only 16k lbs.

Now I am curious what they're using for sound deadening at Newmar

Well if your rig was not insulated for sound then the good news is any attempts to address it will likely improve things. Its the last 20% of improvement that is the hardest.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2022, 10:58 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tskadberg View Post
Well if your rig was not insulated for sound then the good news is any attempts to address it will likely improve things. Its the last 20% of improvement that is the hardest.
Haha...right. The last 20% is always the hardest AND the most expensive!

Al
Old 08-31-2022, 05:43 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.tommy View Post
Yes the gauge is getting the info from the same sensor but the gauge itself won't climb incrementally. Once high temp is reached, the gauge will just jump to the red line or close to it. But like I said, by then it's to late to prevent a probable over heating issue. With Scan Gauge you can actually see the climbing of the temp degree by degree and then you have plenty of time to decide whether you want to pull over for a bit or whatever.

Not sure what you mean about poor interface. It's really not that complicated. I programed mine to monitor 4 main things I want to see all the time. Once that's set, I just start the coach and that's my default digital gauges. If I wanted to, I could program additional gauges and just hit the forward button to see those. But I don't do that.

I mean for the money, it's not much at all, but gives you all the data you could possibly want, but yes you have to take a few minutes to learn to use it. But it's not hard. It certainly would solve the problem you originally asked about.
I've had my eye on one of these (see link). I have some old Android tablets and phones hanging around that I could try as a display for it. The Android app Torque Pro seems to be the most popular and powerful and can be bought for $4.95. I'm just not sure how I would mount the display on a Class A motorhome chassis. https://www.amazon.com/Veepeak-Bluet...s%2C173&sr=8-2
kandcbend is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f53