Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Stevepkam Send a message via Yahoo to Stevepkam
A/C putting out hot air

Have a 2011 F53 chasis with a Monaco Monarch sitting on it. I have run the engine about once a month. Today, however I started up and drove to a location to do some cleaning of the interior with DW. When we turned on the A/C, all we got was warm air coming from the dash. Any suggestions of what to check for?
Thanks for any help.
SteveK
2011 Monaco Monarch on Ford Chassis
Thousand Oaks, Ca
Stevepkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Steve,
I would make sure I had it on cool then I would Check the pulley belts to make sure the compressor is not locked up.Good Luck
Old 02-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #3

1. Look at the compressor on the engine. See if the clutch engages and starts turning when you enghage the A/C dash controls. If not, cycle the dash controls a dozen times on & off - they may have dirty contacts from sitting unused.

2. If the compressor still does not engage, check any fuses marked A/C.

3. If all fuses are OK, test the system pressure.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #4

look under at the engine the compressor is on the bottom passenger side and see if there is oil on the compressor body mine is doing that now I have a 2011
f53 also when I called a dealer about it he said he has seen this a lot hope that is not the problem the compressor has to be replaced
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Another common problem is the tempurature control is not fully shutting the valve in the heater hose. Mine is on an older F-53 chassis with an Evans control system. The temperature is controlled by a knob which is hooked to a cable. The cable opens and closes the heater hose valve. When I took mine for a ride Saturday it was not blowing cold air either. I went under the hood and saw the valve was not fully closed. I had the wife gently turn the knob while I applied a little pressure to close the valve. worked fine all the was home. I am waiting for another good day to see why it is not closing.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrooks View Post
Another common problem is the tempurature control is not fully shutting the valve in the heater hose. Mine is on an older F-53 chassis with an Evans control system. The temperature is controlled by a knob which is hooked to a cable. The cable opens and closes the heater hose valve. When I took mine for a ride Saturday it was not blowing cold air either. I went under the hood and saw the valve was not fully closed. I had the wife gently turn the knob while I applied a little pressure to close the valve. worked fine all the was home. I am waiting for another good day to see why it is not closing.
Exactly what he said. I had the problem too (2011 F53). No leaks at the compressor just a heater hose control valve not traveling fully.

Regarding when the compressor runs and when it does not, the Ford is set up to cycle the compressor on and off in nearly every setting on your dash controls. I think the only one where it does not run is vent.

You might also look for loose or disconnected air hoses to the dash outlets.

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Ford F-53,BluOx/Patriot.Toad:2018 Wrangler Unltd Sahara. Invert-4/6Vbatts-SolarChg-AutoTransSw-WG traveler-HDMICbls-SafeTPlus-track bar-Awnings-GenAutoSt-CHF-pwr cord storage sys-Garmin-outsideHDTV, LED interior lighting, Brazels tuning.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #7

After all the aforementioned checks, see if there are bubbles in the view window on the ac dryer tank
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
There is a low pressure switch on the freon line that will keep the compressor from coming on when you have low freon. You probably just have lost a little freon, if it has not been serviced since new. you do not have a frozen compressor. If the compressor was frozen up the belt would screaming holy hell.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
I was thinking a little more about your a/c problem. If the compressor was not running I would think the air from the vents would not be warm as you describe. The air would just not be very cold. Your description of warm air still tells me the heater hose valve may not be all the way closed.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #10

Go online to the website: www.densoheavyduty.com as this the
service manual for the denso system in your mh. Most Ford and GM
chassis have this system.

Roy Wohlscheid
roy wohlsche is offline   Reply With Quote