Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #1

Battery discharge while in storage.

I have a 2000 Itasca, Sunflyer and having a problem with the chassis battery discharging while parked in storage. This happens over a period of 7- 10 days. I am looking for a source to get a wiring diagram for the Ford V10 chassis. Any help would be appreciated. Ben
Ben Gabriele is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Welcome to irv2. I've moved your post here to our Ford section to get you that diagram.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:19 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with a resolution.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:14 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Ben! Welcome to IRV2! It's great to have you join the gang!

Sorry I can't help with your question. Enjoy the forum!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #5

Hey Ben. If your coach has a BCC Battery Control Center as like my Fleetwood Revolution has it might be the control board (PC). I have had problems with mine since I bought it 3 years ago and it is a 2002. With the replacement of the board everything works and not draw on chassis batteries. I had the same problem before I replaced the board. Does everything work? AKA solar charger, aux start , slides, or anything else that runs on 12 volt. There should be not odd wires running off the batteries that do not look factory that someone before you used Southern Ingenuity.
GregOk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregOk80 View Post
Hey Ben. If your coach has a BCC Battery Control Center as like my Fleetwood Revolution has it might be the control board (PC). I have had problems with mine since I bought it 3 years ago and it is a 2002. With the replacement of the board everything works and not draw on chassis batteries. I had the same problem before I replaced the board. Does everything work? AKA solar charger, aux start , slides, or anything else that runs on 12 volt. There should be not odd wires running off the batteries that do not look factory that someone before you used Southern Ingenuity.
It,s funny that you mention the solar panel because that went out at just about the same time I started to experience the problem, and the automatic steps started to work erratically ( some time the by pass switch failed to work and yet other times it worked fine). I am not quite sure what a BCC center is or where to find it. That's basically why I was looking for an electrical schematic, hoping that it might lead me to all of the components involved. This is my first time in the form and I am impressed on how quick I received an answer. Thank you !!!!!!!!
Ben Gabriele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:04 AM   #7

The FleetFord site will have the basic chassis wiring:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas...2/maintoc.html

Your problem may be what else has been added. If it takes 10 days it is a low draw load and your answer may well be a disconnect. If you have a solar charger consider connecting it to the battery side of the disconnect to keep the battery topped off.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The BCC is part of the coach supplied by Winnebago not the Ford chassis. Call Winnebago to get the wiring schematic for your coach. There is a member here, user name subford that may be able to help you with the chassis wiring schematic.
BTW, the Battery Control Center (BCC) basically controls all 12V power supplied to the coach. The BCC also includes the interconnect relay for the emergency boost start. Also, if the BCC includes the feature, it may charge the chassis battery when connected to shore power and the coach batteries when the chassis engine is running.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:05 AM   #9

Hey Ben sorry I did not get back to you soon enough. If you MH has a AUX START button on or near the drivers seat and HOPE it works mine has to back the coach batteries on push button and have someone walk around MH and listen for a click sound. Both the isolations relay and AUX relay will be in the same box with the BCC board that is in need of replacement. Also all banks of batteries charge from the genny, shore cord and the alternator.
GregOk80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, storage