Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Blue Ox Tru-Center vs regular stabilizer

Before our trip back east this summer I installed a Bilstein stabilizer. It performed OK but I still experienced the "drift" on windy days, especially out on the "plains". While parked in CT I ordered and installed the tru-center before our trip back via the DELMARVA and I-40. Big difference in handling and adjusting for changing road conditions was a snap with the push of a button. It did not eliminate all drift in windy conditions but certainly made for a more stress free drive.
Installation was fast and easy. Hardest part was figuring out how to get the wires thru the firewall the easiest way and findinga good 12vlt source.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
I installed the TruCenter and it works great. The install was not bad either. JR
jroethke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
The United States has a prevailing West to East air flow. When you traveled East it pushed your back end around. Going West you were like an arrow into the wind. Now if you believe that I have a special deal for you.
1995 F53 35U Bounder, Wide Body-Large Vertical Windows-NO SLIDES, Front Axle-Davis Tru-Trac Bar, Rear Axle-SuperSteer Trac Bar, TowBar/Brake System-NSA ReadyBrute Elite, Family Motor Coach Association F 513--F 513s MotorHoming since 1952
Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
The United States has a prevailing West to East air flow. When you traveled East it pushed your back end around. Going West you were like an arrow into the wind. Now if you believe that I have a special deal for you.
No......it seems when we travel east the wind is from the northeast and when I travel west its from the southwest, etc....
Old 09-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
I tired to PM you a reply but your private messages are blocked
Old 09-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When I went Stablizer shopping, I picked the Tru-Center for the reasons the O/P listed (The ability to push a button instead of grab a hammer and wrench).

Works great.. I did have one problem. Mailed it in to Pender, NE, and they sent me a brand new and improved model. One of the improvements.. As it turns out.. I suggested to them it seems.