Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2022, 02:48 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Might be thermostatic fan?

Might be thermostatic fan. If equipped or thermostat related.
BLE373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2023, 10:50 PM   #16

Interesting update.....OP here....

Well, it's been raining so much here in California that I haven't bothered to investigate this squeak any further yet. I was planning on checking the brakes to continue looking for the issue. It has been sitting now for about 2 months. I decided today I would take it out for a drive just to make sure it is still squeaking. I was surprised to discover that there was no longer any squeaking! I was able to get up to 40-45mph without any squeak. Stopped. Started. Accelerated. Coasted. Couldn't hear any squeak...it was gone.

I guess I will have to wait for a few more days and then try it again. Hasn't rained in about 5 days. I know problems don't usually cure themselves, so I'll be planning/expecting it to show up again sometime...

-Chris
SJ-Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 01:50 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check and see if you have a mechanical speedo, some times you'll get a squeak noise out of them if they get to dry. I can't remember what year they stopped using cables.
CptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 06:56 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Fan Belt Related squeaks, scraping and intermittent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLE373 View Post
Might be thermostatic fan. If equipped or thermostat related.
Well the rotating belt squeal is back on our 07 bounder 35e gas.

NEW belt, Belt tensioner, thermostatic fan clutch and alternator. The tensioner belt seemed to quiet it but it's back.
Wife came in last trip after we got parked and said your pulley is still bad. Still Squeaks like always. I said we should try Geritol. Mom never heard of it.

Just ordered the idler pulley.
REVCO said they have water pump in stock if we need it too. I said is that a free bonus for all the business?

He said "If you couldn't find that squeak yet, what do you really think your that lucky? "

Got a good feeling about this pulley being source of all the squealing.

PS: Bought REVCO stock.
BLE373 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
squeak