Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2022, 04:40 PM   #6399

Ford Super Duty Owner
permitwriter,

I've often thought of sending some of those early naysayers a PM and ask them if they ever came on board with the CHF. I never have!! Why wake the sleeping giant??

Some of those folks were predicting broken anti-sway bars, early wear of bushings, SB link wear/breakage and of course accidents.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2022, 11:13 PM   #6400

CHF Extension Plates

Need to give a huge shoutout to "Tejay" and "Skuterdude" for their innovation and all they have meant to us RV owners that look to seek help on these forums.

Skuterdude has been known for quite some time now for his upgraded sway bar bushings and now he is producing extension plates for the CHF upgrade. When I originally did the CHF without the plates I didn't like the angle it put the front sway bar in and it limited the shock travel on my coach. It may not have ever caused any problems but I knew it would bother me.

Today I received the fabricated plates in the mail from "dude". I have been communicating with him for quite some time on these and I know the time and effort he has put in to make them right. He did a great job and I am very happy with how they turned out. The install was a breeze and everything fit perfect. He even included the bolts needed to attach the plate to the sway bar.

My coach is 40ft on a 24,000lb chassis and I have to believe that because I'm so big and heavy that I didn't have the initial problems that some of you may have with the smaller/lighter coaches. For those of you having handling problems and getting pushed all over the place on the road, these extension plates are a slam dunk necessity and worth every penny. I love the fact that these are made right here in the USA by one of our members and I would gladly pay double to support somebody doing this. I hope all of you will as well.

I'm adding some pictures of my install so you can see how it turned out. As you can see the sway bar is nearly horizontal to the ground now and in a great angle. The plates have 3 different holes for the links so you can decide what you like best. Super easy to adjust if needed.

If anybody wants to do this upgrade before summer comes I would highly suggest you email Eric and get your order in so you will get them in time for your next trip. My guess is they will go fast. His email is:

Skuterdude@gmail.com

If you have any questions let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chf.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	357361   Click image for larger version

Name:	chf1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	326.6 KB
ID:	357362  

Click image for larger version

Name:	chf2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	348.8 KB
ID:	357363   Click image for larger version

Name:	chf3.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	357364  

36k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 08:35 AM   #6401

Very clean design.
Mel556180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 04:41 PM   #6402

Just ordered my plates from skuterdude!!
Old 03-21-2022, 01:42 PM   #6403

Has any one done this on the rear of the F53 New V8 RV's. The front bar only has one hole, but the rear bar still has two and is from factory on the front hole...
jkwith8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 07:45 PM   #6404

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwith8 View Post
Has any one done this on the rear of the F53 New V8 RV's. The front bar only has one hole, but the rear bar still has two and is from factory on the front hole...
You could be the guinea pig...
Old 03-22-2022, 04:31 AM   #6405
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwith8
The CHF is intended to help compensate for an under-sized sway bar. Ford corrected that with massive 2" sway bars in the V8.

There's no need to make the change on the V8 and with all of the problems people have reported with the rear sway bar brackets cracking in half, the bolts falling out and/or the bushing simply "migrating" out from underneath a tight bracket in the rear, there's no way I'd even think about that change even if I thought it could do something positive. Those poor people are having these problems with as little as 1,500 miles on the odometer.

Ray
Old 03-22-2022, 06:23 AM   #6406

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
The CHF is intended to help compensate for an under-sized sway bar. Ford corrected that with massive 2" sway bars in the V8.

There's no need to make the change on the V8 and with all of the problems people have reported with the rear sway bar brackets cracking in half, the bolts falling out and/or the bushing simply "migrating" out from underneath a tight bracket in the rear, there's no way I'd even think about that change even if I thought it could do something positive. Those poor people are having these problems with as little as 1,500 miles on the odometer.

Ray
I saw one post about one bolt being loose. I have not seen what you describe above. I ordered track bar, and when that gets in, I will inspect the hardware holding the sway bar. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-22-2022, 07:39 PM   #6407
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwith8
I saw one post about one bolt being loose. I have not seen what you describe above. I ordered track bar, and when that gets in, I will inspect the hardware holding the sway bar. Thanks for the info.
I started a thread in this forum about it. In addition to the picture of the one I found, I know of two other V8 owners who went underneath and were greeted by one of the rear sway bar bushings sitting in the middle of the sway bar. Both had less than 2,000 miles on the odometer.

Ray
Old 03-24-2022, 12:24 PM   #6408

Ford Super Duty Owner
NXR,

If you want information about the newer chassis having issues with the rear stabilizer bar brackets bolts coming loose as well as the bushings moving just check this thread. It's not the only thread about this happening with the newer chassis.

ATTENTION !!!! Ford F-53 Owners READ!!
Old 03-25-2022, 07:19 PM   #6409

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
I started a thread in this forum about it. In addition to the picture of the one I found, I know of two other V8 owners who went underneath and were greeted by one of the rear sway bar bushings sitting in the middle of the sway bar. Both had less than 2,000 miles on the odometer.

Ray
Interesting, when I was installing the SuperSteer Rear Trac Bar on my 2021 Win. I looked at the sway bar bolts and how far away from the jacks... That thing must of bounced off the ground and ended there... FYI, my bushings looked ok and bolts still on.

Interesting, the 2" sway bar looks like it would be better if the back hole was used compared to front hole. SuperSteer says they install the second rear sway bars on the new rigs but have not moved the rod to back hole. seems to me, more sway is more sway, wether you get it by choosing the stiffer hole, or adding another sway....
Old 03-25-2022, 10:57 PM   #6410
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwith8 View Post
... SuperSteer says they install the second rear sway bars on the new rigs but have not moved the rod to back hole. seems to me, more sway is more sway, wether you get it by choosing the stiffer hole, or adding another sway....
SuperSteer/Henderson's Line Up has came out against doing the CHF. I don't know why as I never watched their video completely (you can search for it on YouTube) but I do know for a fact it makes a difference. They have a reputation for knowing their stuff but they want to sell the whole enchilada at once rather than doing one step at a time to see what benefits the customer with the least expenditure of cash.
Old 03-26-2022, 08:42 AM   #6411

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
SuperSteer/Henderson's Line Up has came out against doing the CHF. I don't know why as I never watched their video completely (you can search for it on YouTube) but I do know for a fact it makes a difference. They have a reputation for knowing their stuff but they want to sell the whole enchilada at once rather than doing one step at a time to see what benefits the customer with the least expenditure of cash.

Thanks, I just watched one video, It was a sales pitch. Because, they gave no options, like if the people would of put a longer bar down to Sway to keep it level. I can tell you, by sway from factory in back is not perfectly level, goes up hill some. I think if I moved to back hole it would be closer to level..... I built A BSR, and we always adjusted our bars with holes, and we had more then two. Some tracks would want or Need more bar. Never would we add another one an back.....
Old 03-26-2022, 11:58 PM   #6412
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR
If It's the video I'm thinking of, they show the S-shaped sway bar links. Those were, to the best of my knowledge, only used on the 24K or maybe the 26K chassis. There have been a few reports of people with the S-shaped sway bar links having broken. That's kind of a corner case to me but if I had the curved sway bar links I would not do the CHF. No one knows why they broke, just that they did.

Ray