Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #29

Ford Super Duty Owner
Note, showing PIDs is probably way past "normal" use.
I had the same issue trying to get to Ford Mode 6 PIDs and used a different application.

Can't expect Torque to do every make model, but he does have an API for plug ins... it'll get there!
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2012, 06:55 AM   #30

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
Note, showing PIDs is probably way past "normal" use.
I had the same issue trying to get to Ford Mode 6 PIDs and used a different application.

Can't expect Torque to do every make model, but he does have an API for plug ins... it'll get there!
What App did you use? I don't expect Torque to do what the professional Apps do. I just want to know the Pids and header data for a Ford Escape Hybrid 2006.

The plug in for Torque is real handy and gives a lot of data. Who doesn't give a lot of data is Ford.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #31

Ford Super Duty Owner
OBDDiag, but it explicitly does mode 6. Look for Torque add-ons - I think some of them have expanded pids.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:04 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by milham View Post
I have a Tiffin on a 2007 F53 chassis with the V10 and I have read where the ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 diagnostic scanner might not work, something about doesn't support J1850-PWM protocol. Before I purchase the ELM327 bluethooth from Amazon I wanted to know if anyone has tried it on a F53 V10 and had success.

Ron
So I bought two of these - one for my 2001 F350 v10 and one for my 2006 F53 v10. It works fine in the 2006 but won't connect to the ECU on my 2001. There are ways to jumper the units to work with J1850 protocol (its a pin thing) so I will do that for the one in the F350 (it cost me 3 bucks so what the heck).
k123911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:07 PM   #33

btw I guess there is now an ELM320 that works with J1850 - give that a try if you can find it.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:24 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
What App did you use? I don't expect Torque to do what the professional Apps do. I just want to know the Pids and header data for a Ford Escape Hybrid 2006.

The plug in for Torque is real handy and gives a lot of data. Who doesn't give a lot of data is Ford.
Torque gives all data available from the ECU AND it displays it in real-time through graphs and multiple types of dials and indicators. The only problem is with so much information I have a problem watching the road.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:45 PM   #35

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by k123911 View Post
Torque gives all data available from the ECU AND it displays it in real-time through graphs and multiple types of dials and indicators. The only problem is with so much information I have a problem watching the road.
So thankful for this forum. Saved me a trip to "The Zone" to read a code. Just bought this dongle. https://www.amazon.com/Foseal-Blueto...etooth+adapter

$13 and were in biz. Thanks to all of you.
Kountry 2SUM is offline   Reply With Quote