Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2021, 07:33 AM   #1

Cigar Lighter Fuse locate

Now I never thought something so simple would cause me to post a call out.

Just picked up a 2009 Fleetwood Fiesta F53 chassis. The owners manual shows no fuse location either the coach manual or the Ford Manual. So simple yet so difficult. Would love a wore diagram for th coach where to find that?

But anyone have any idea where this fuse is? It is the coach passenger side socket the two in the dash work fine and are on different circuits.

se photo it is definitely a coach socket as it is in the same picture as the telephone jack. can't figure out how to post photo
Fleetwood09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2021, 08:03 AM   #2

Mine was right behind socket.. but mine is diff model and make.. have you looked behind socket.. good luck and let us know what you did and maybe better members then me will help you
Old 10-09-2021, 09:59 AM   #3

For a 2007 F-53 it's fuse #22 (20A) in the Power Distribution Box (fuse/relay panel) in the engine compartment.
Black-Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 10:03 AM   #4

I just checked for a 2008 F-53 (assuming that's what you have for the 2009 Fiesta) - same as for a 2007.

#22 - 20A Maxi Fuse - Diagnostic tool connector, Cigar lighter feed
Old 10-09-2021, 10:08 AM   #5
Community Administrator

I had an 08 Bounder and I believe ( of course I could be wrong ) that fuse was located in a small fuse box mounted on the bedroom wall.

Here’s a photo of the inside cover.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0290.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	345563

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 10:33 AM   #6

The fuses in the bedroom are generally for the coach 12V system - not the chassis.

Those are usually located in the footwell of the cab as well as in the engine compartment (i.e. there are two separate boxes for the chassis - or sometimes even more).
Old 10-09-2021, 10:41 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Cigar Lighter Fuse locate

The answer depends on who (Ford or Fleetwood ) supplied that socket.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 06:40 AM   #8

Found it

Wow you guys are awesome you are all correct. The cigar lighters I have two in dash installed by Ford in the 2009 Fleetwood Fiesta and they are fused in engine compartment #22. The one I was hunting down is in the kickboard below the dash on passenger side installed by Fleetwood in the same fixture as the telephone jack. This one being a coach fuse was in the power panel along with the 110v circuit breakers inside coach on the wall. On mine it is down below microwave at bottom of the wall few inches above the floor.

Would still like to to find a wire diagram for the coach and chassis how hard are they to come by?

Thanks guys awesome help first step into modern RVing I’m a vintage guy. Still have my 73 Winnebago Brave!!!
Fleetwood09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:39 AM   #9

Glad you found it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwood09 View Post

Would still like to to find a wire diagram for the coach and chassis how hard are they to come by?!
Check the owner's section of the manufacturer's web site - you may get lucky. If not you can call customer support - I have Thor on speed dial just for this purpose. Most companies will send you what you need if you ask, but at least for Thor you have to be very specific on what you're looking for since they have to many diagrams to just them all. I also suspect that they won't send the whole set just to keep them from getting shared too much.

Tags
cat, fuse, light