Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2021, 06:40 PM   #15

So your one vehicle is going to make a difference in the sea of headlights ?

I think your calling your PARKING lights running lights. They are for when your parked, not dusk or dawn driving.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2021, 08:13 PM   #16

Success!... I ended up getting it done cave man style.
It turns out that fuse #10 in the chassis fuse box is solely for the daytime running lights. I pulled the fuse and no more DRL's. Now I can drive around without my headlights on in the daytime!
I'm still looking for an F53 ForScan spreadsheet. Thanks to those who actually tried to help.
2017 22K Bounder 415/6spd/5:38s
2018 F150 Lariat 502A 4X4 Toad & Tow Vehicle
2023 Rockwood GeoPro 20BHS
77Travco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:34 PM   #17

As a bike rider and RV owner for over 5 decades, I assure you by disconnecting your driving lights will contribute absolutely nothing to the safety of motorcycles.

Regards Mike
Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 02:32 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
"Success!... I ended up getting it done cave man style."

????

2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
phil-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:17 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil-t View Post
"Success!... I ended up getting it done cave man style."

????
In other words...
Instead of going into the computer and changing set parameters, I simply pulled the fuse. Therefore bypassing technology and "cavemanning it".
Old 06-05-2021, 08:47 AM   #20

My reason for posting this thread was to learn / share how to disable my F53 chassis DRL’s using the ForScan software. Instead of offering a solution or at least a direction to go, 80% of the responses questioned my motives. One person even wrote that parking lights are not running lights, yet seemed to agree that headlights are running lights.
Here’s the deal ya bunch o’ weenies… If I want to disable my DRL’s so that I can manually operate my headlights / parking lights / running lights, like a driver should, then that’s my decision.
Hopefully, this thread will help others in the future looking to do the same thing.
If you can't offer up a ForScan spreadsheet or genuine advice about the subject then please move on. Next time, try to help instead of acting like the weight police over in the towing threads. Oh wait….
Old 06-05-2021, 01:58 PM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Good luck. Safe travels [emoji317]
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 03:55 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I rode motorcycles for 50 years. I also did not want 4 wheelers to have DRLs. But now it does really detract for all vehicles to have them. To add some added protection to me when biking I turned on my brights ON only during the day. I'm positive DRLs on my bikes saved my life several times.
Old 06-05-2021, 04:05 PM   #23

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta48 View Post
I rode motorcycles for 50 years. I also did not want 4 wheelers to have DRLs. But now it does really detract for all vehicles to have them. To add some added protection to me when biking I turned on my brights ON only during the day. I'm positive DRLs on my bikes saved my life several times.
I also rode motorcycles for many years, I see the newer motorcycles now seem to have the headlight going from bright to dim and back over and over, which makes them more visible for sure. I quit riding about 15 years ago due to having too many close calls.

I checked fusecheck.com for my E450 and it doesn't show any fuse specific for disabling the DRL. Not that I am sure I would want to do that anyway as I suspect having the DRL on provides at least a little more visibility, perhaps not seeing how large a motorhome (or other RV) actually is anyway compared to a small car.
CRV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 04:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Travco View Post
My reason for posting this thread was to learn / share how to disable my F53 chassis DRL’s using the ForScan software. Instead of offering a solution or at least a direction to go, 80% of the responses questioned my motives. One person even wrote that parking lights are not running lights, yet seemed to agree that headlights are running lights.
Here’s the deal ya bunch o’ weenies… If I want to disable my DRL’s so that I can manually operate my headlights / parking lights / running lights, like a driver should, then that’s my decision.
Hopefully, this thread will help others in the future looking to do the same thing.
If you can't offer up a ForScan spreadsheet or genuine advice about the subject then please move on. Next time, try to help instead of acting like the weight police over in the towing threads. Oh wait….
Definitely alot of weight police on this site when it comes to anything that sounds remotely like a safety question. Glad you got er done.
Mile Marker 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 04:40 PM   #25

Does it bother anyone else when drivers don't turn on their lights when it is raining?
Hurricane-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 11:55 PM   #26

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Believe feature on cars lowers Insurance Rates for many, as reduces accident rates?
Old 06-06-2021, 05:07 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
Believe feature on cars lowers Insurance Rates for many, as reduces accident rates?

Perhaps, but the cost of led lights and bumper sensors more than add up to increased repair costs which raises insurance rates. Example? New Honda van front headlight and bumper $2,800 repair. Old Ford pickup $230 repair. Yes it was the same kid. The repairs to his current ride will be even less. Huffy parts are cheap.
Old 06-06-2021, 06:05 AM   #28

From someone who has owned and ridden motorcycles for over 60 years I would prefer to be seen. The same goes for any motor vehicle I am operating. There are far too many distracted drivers out there on the highways today to not be as visible and safe as possible. I turn the headlights on when driving my motorhome.
This sounds like the macho riders who cried and complained about having to wear a helmet when some states (mine included) made helmet use mandatory. These macho riders would complain they couldn't hear anything going on around them. These were the same riders who would knock the baffles out of the mufflers of their "hogs" so they couldn't hear a horn on a freight train anyway.

Tags
light, lights, running lights