Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2021, 06:15 AM   #29

Thanks for the update. My 03 had a relay also. I am another who hates DRL. I travel alot and come across cars on the interstate all the time with no lights on just DRL. That's the major issue in MHO. If a vehicle has DRL they should only work with auto lights to turn on all. Anyway I shut all of mine off all the time. I hate sitting in a campground early morning with a MH getting ready to leave and the headlights shining in my bedroom window.... Anyway each there own....
kb2ztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2021, 07:40 AM   #30

By disabling the running lights on any vehicle especially an RV where you need to be seen will contribute nothing to motorcycle safety! If you haven''t noticed every vehicle has running lights -by disabling yours you make you RV less safe.

This has to be one the the most Goofy and worthless threads I've seen yet. Why would anyone in their right mind disable a safety feature on their RV? Hello . . . .
Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 02:03 PM   #31

To my knowledge there is no law to have DRL. If there was a law all new vehicles would have it hard coded. Both my 2020 F150 and 2020 JT have options in the menu to disable DRL. JMHO.

As said my main issue with DRL is its the headlights only...no taillights so it really doesn't help anything.
kb2ztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 02:15 PM   #32

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Travco View Post
Motorcyclist, that's why. Think about it.
Also, there are times that I prefer to run just my running lights with yellow fogs. I am smart enough to turn on my own headlights if needed.
Ok think about this. Smarter minds and a lot of research made those lights work while driving.
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 02:21 PM   #33

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2ztx View Post
To my knowledge there is no law to have DRL. If there was a law all new vehicles would have it hard coded. Both my 2020 F150 and 2020 JT have options in the menu to disable DRL. JMHO.

As said my main issue with DRL is its the headlights only...no taillights so it really doesn't help anything.
Say What??
Never mind forget it!
Old 06-06-2021, 02:23 PM   #34

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post
By disabling the running lights on any vehicle especially an RV where you need to be seen will contribute nothing to motorcycle safety! If you haven''t noticed every vehicle has running lights -by disabling yours you make you RV less safe.

This has to be one the the most Goofy and worthless threads I've seen yet. Why would anyone in their right mind disable a safety feature on their RV? Hello . . . .
You hit the nail on the head!
Right minds
Old 06-06-2021, 02:27 PM   #35

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Success!... I ended up getting it done cave man style.
It turns out that fuse #10 in the chassis fuse box is solely for the daytime running lights. I pulled the fuse and no more DRL's. Now I can drive around without my headlights on in the daytime!
I'm still looking for an F53 ForScan spreadsheet. Thanks to those who actually tried to help.
Ok so I really got sucked into this.
What is the big dance about?
Is there a fuse where we can .........You know!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2021, 02:33 PM   #36

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
My reason for posting this thread was to learn / share how to disable my F53 chassis DRL’s using the ForScan software. Instead of offering a solution or at least a direction to go, 80% of the responses questioned my motives. One person even wrote that parking lights are not running lights, yet seemed to agree that headlights are running lights.
Here’s the deal ya bunch o’ weenies… If I want to disable my DRL’s so that I can manually operate my headlights / parking lights / running lights, like a driver should, then that’s my decision.
Hopefully, this thread will help others in the future looking to do the same thing.
If you can't offer up a ForScan spreadsheet or genuine advice about the subject then please move on. Next time, try to help instead of acting like the weight police over in the towing threads. Oh wait….
You called us weenies and the moderators let it go, which is fine.
I'm going to call you and idiot.
Now how far will that get?
Old 06-08-2021, 09:26 AM   #37

I'll just say it again... I don't like DRL's. If I want to disable them on my vehicles then it's my business to do so. I am human enough to operate my own headlights as needed. There are times that I do not want the headlights on but I do want the running/parking lights on.
Now...
There are lots of features and options that can be done to a Ford vehicle using the ForScan software. You can program your vehicle so that your fog lights stay on with the high beams, disable the engine stop/start feature, correct the speedometer after changing the gear ratio, adjust the fuel gage when swapping to a bigger fuel tank, etc, etc. There are tons of things that you can do.
When I get around to making other mods to the F53 chassis using the ForScan software... I'll just start a new thread at that time as this one is rediculously tainted.
2017 22K Bounder 415/6spd/5:38s
2018 F150 Lariat 502A 4X4 Toad & Tow Vehicle
2023 Rockwood GeoPro 20BHS
77Travco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:34 AM   #38

You know if you had any kind of real logical reason for discounting a vehicles safety devices other than the goofy reason of motorcycles it might make sense.

I'm still trying to figure out why this thread even happened.

Regards - Mike
Old 06-09-2021, 08:31 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post
You know if you had any kind of real logical reason for discounting a vehicles safety devices other than the goofy reason of motorcycles it might make sense.

I'm still trying to figure out why this thread even happened.

Regards - Mike
I DO NOT LIKE DRL's. What is so hard to understand about that?
I'm still trying to figure out why some people insist on commenting on a thread when they have absolutely nothing to contribute except nagging the OP.
I tried to create a technical thread that F53 chassis owners and ForScan software users could learn from and use for future reference. This thread has instead been steered into the ditch. Gee, thanks.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:38 AM   #40

I just wanted to thank those that did try to contribute to this thread.
There are some of us out there that don't want to drive around with our headlights on in the daytime. There are also some of us out there that wish to only have our running/parking lights on while leaving our headlights off. A concept that some people cannot seem to grasp or understand. This was meant to be a technical "how to" thread but I can see that this thread has been steered into a ditch where I never intended it to go. I didn't come here to explain myself, I came here to talk tech.
Hopefully the MODs will see this and simply lock this thread.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:54 AM   #41

Thanks for the reply - I would just go ahead and disconnect the marker, headlights and brake lights since you dislike the way the look on an RV LOL .

Stay Safe - Mike
Old 06-09-2021, 09:56 AM   #42
US1

Now that that’s settled, have you by chance used your Forscan to correct the tire dia so your speedo is correct? I’ve seen the YT videos and the step by step instructions on the Forscan forum, but for some reason I can’t access the right module to do so. I DL the Forscan on an old Laptop and got the 3 month free all access, but that laptop took a dump so now I’m using a borrowed one that does not have the all access mode. Just curious if that’s why I can’t access that module.

Tags
light, lights, running lights