Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2021, 08:54 AM   #127

I think some people see the thread title and just start commenting without reading or even understanding what it’s all about.
No BCM at all? I find that hard to believe but then again I can’t find it in the forscan options either.
Yes, I also only see those two modules as well. Sure seems like a modern F53 chassis would have more parameters.
RVtravelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2021, 09:04 AM   #128

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Why would you want to disable the daylight running lights? These are a safety feature to make you more visible. I often turn on my lights so that trailer lights are also active.

Please be safe on the road.

Ken
Some folks just do not care about safety, there's or anyone elses.

2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
phil-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:40 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVtravelz View Post
I think some people see the thread title and just start commenting without reading or even understanding what it’s all about.
No BCM at all? I find that hard to believe but then again I can’t find it in the forscan options either.
Yes, I also only see those two modules as well. Sure seems like a modern F53 chassis would have more parameters.
Yes, I definitely believe that some people comment without having a clue about what's being discussed. I originally imagined this thread as covering Forscan technical topics for Ford chassis owners but it got derailed.
Back on topic... What would a BCM be needed for on an F53 stripped chassis? There are no interior lights, headlights or power windows to control. What else would it be needed for? I really do think that it just doesn't exist. At least not on the older V10 chassis. Maybe the newer 7.3 V8 F53 will need a BCM for it's added systems? I am going to be at a Ford service center soon. I will try to find out what they know about my missing BCM theory.
You have a late model Bounder? What are the other lights that you are trying to use as DRL's? The LEDs around the headlights themselves?
2017 22K Bounder 415/6spd/5:38s
2018 F150 Lariat 502A 4X4 Toad & Tow Vehicle
2023 Rockwood GeoPro 20BHS
77Travco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:12 AM   #130

Yes, 2016 f53 chassis Bounder. I’m talking about the halo of led’s around the headlights.
That really sucks if it’s not there. I have searched the forscan.org website but find no help with this application. They say a complete scan is required and the info is then saved to a log file. I should then be able to access and change any adaptations or configurations. The problem is finding the module.
Old 10-21-2021, 09:49 PM   #131

I've got a V8 bounder, I'll give it a look and see if there are more modules on mine.

I am also trying to figure out the same, my backup plan was to pull the drl fuse and just put 12v to those Halo lights off an ignition switched feed, but if there was a swap with parking lights option that would be amazing... But I am doubting it.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:55 AM   #132

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Travco View Post
I originally imagined this thread as covering Forscan technical topics for Ford chassis owners but it got derailed.
Back on topic...
Then you got the wrong topic heading. Misleading.
Your topic title has driven this discussion exactly as I might imagine, from the start.

2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
phil-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 08:50 AM   #133

Well just take your biggest BB gun and be done with it.. simple fast and cheap.. if you don't like something this much.. then get it off... I suggest you don't buy something with things you don't like.. my uncle would buy a brand new car.. 1st thing he did when he got home with it... was to cut all seatbelts off of it.. all of them.. why I asked all and just not driver's side.. sence he was driving.. he said.. if am going to die.. I don't want anyone else in this car to survive..
Go figure.. I have things that bother me too.. I take them off.. or just don't buy it..
Good luck and let us know what you did and maybe better members then me will help you
Old 10-22-2021, 02:19 PM   #134

Well I'll be damned, looks like the v8's got a whole bunch of modules. Here's a look at my 2020 chassis with Forscan lite (erased my vin... cause you know).

Now the bigger question. Which forscan license do I need to actually play with the BCM values, I'm guessing the extended license?

Adapter: OBDLink MX+r2.0 STN2255 v5.6.11 (ELM327 v1.4b)
Min.delay: 10 ms (Good)
Errors: None

Model: Ford Motorhome/Stripped Chassis/Step Van
Engine: 2V
Capacity: 7.3L
Year: 2020
Generation: 2020 MY
Fuel: Gasoline
Transmission gear: Automatic
VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

PCM - Powertrain Control Module
Bus: HSCAN
Part number: LU9A-12A650-EA
Calibration level: LU9A-12A650-FB
Strategy : LU9A-14C204-FB
Hardware type: LC3A-12B684-ELA
Total Distance: 14291.0 km

OBDII - On Board Diagnostic II

BdyCM - Body Control Module
Part number: LU5T-14B476-DAS
Calibration level: LU5T-14B476-DAS (latest known: LU5T-14B476-DAT)
Strategy : LU5T-14C184-AAS

ABS - Antilock braking system
Bus: HSCAN2
Part number: LC44-2C219-BF
Calibration level: LC44-2C219-BF
Strategy : LC44-2D053-AE

SCCM - Steering Column Control Module
Part number: LC4T-3F944-DA
Calibration level: LC4T-3F944-DA
Strategy : LC4T-14C579-AB

IPC - Instrument Panel Control Module
Bus: HSCAN3
Part number: LU94-10849-AG
Calibration level: LU94-10849-AG
Strategy : LU94-14C026-AG
Odometer: 14291.4 km

GWM - Gateway Module A
Part number: LU9T-14F642-AF
Calibration level: LU9T-14F642-AF
Strategy : LU9T-14F530-AD
Old 10-25-2021, 09:14 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack73 View Post
Well I'll be damned, looks like the v8's got a whole bunch of modules. Here's a look at my 2020 chassis with Forscan lite (erased my vin... cause you know).

Now the bigger question. Which forscan license do I need to actually play with the BCM values, I'm guessing the extended license?
You need to go to forscan.org and get the extended license. It’s very cheap, only a few bucks.
I am only seeing PCM, ABS & IC modules on mine. I need to go back and try again.
The BCM is where you need to look. The next thing is figuring out the configuration code.

Tags
light, lights, running lights