Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2021, 09:41 AM   #1

Ford Chasis Warranty Repair Shop Near Mobile, AL

I need help trying to find a repair shop that can do Ford Chasis Warranty work. I took my RV into a shop I trust for some routine maintenance but I also had a CHECK ENGINE light come on during my last trip. My repair guy could not find ANY mechanical reason for the light to come on. Apparently, this is a common issue with Fords and the light just needs to be reset which he can't do. I have tried all sorts of searches to find a Ford Warranty approved shop in/near Mobile, AL to no avail. I am hoping someone on this site might live NEAR me who know of a shop. Can anyone help????
rrmclain is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2021, 02:54 PM   #2

According to the Ford Commercial Vehicle Service locater, Mullinix Ford does Class A motor home service. Best to call and confirm as the website is not always accurate. https://fordcommercialvehiclecenter.com/#
W.J. Demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 11:40 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
When I bought my MH on a Ford F53, the owner's manual had the phone number of the "motorhome assistance center" shown in the back. A call to them and they made me an appointment at the nearest dealer that was willing and equipped to work on my problem. Has something changed? At the time, Ford had contracted with Coach-Net to provide the answering service and that's probably changed but I'd expect the number listed can still be used to find someone to work on your Ford MH.
DFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 07:18 AM   #4

I called and they don't. They "say" they can't get that info removed. This is why I posted because the info on the website isn't helping and I hoped someone had "real time knowledge" of a place near Mobile, AL
Old 10-10-2021, 07:20 AM   #5

Do you still have that number? My Motorhome is still at the shop and I don't have that manual (actually, I haven't been able to find it when the RV is hear)
Old 10-10-2021, 09:57 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
You didn't mention what year your Thor is and your profile doesn't show it either but I found this site where you should be able to find a PDF copy of the owner's manual for your F-53:
https://www.ford.com/support/owner-manuals/

If it's a 2020, here's a direct link to several documents you can download:
https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle...owner-manuals/
Old 10-10-2021, 07:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFord View Post
You didn't mention what year your Thor is and your profile doesn't show it either but I found this site where you should be able to find a PDF copy of the owner's manual for your F-53:
https://www.ford.com/support/owner-manuals/

If it's a 2020, here's a direct link to several documents you can download:
https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle...owner-manuals/
Sorry, I have a 2019 Hurricane Windsport 29M.
Old 10-10-2021, 10:31 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Those links will work for you. You'll have to fill out the blanks to get to the information for the 2019 but the phone number on the Roadside Assistance card I attached will work for you or anyone with a Ford chassis in or out of warranty. They should be able to direct to a dealer equipped to fix your problem and willing to work on a motorhome. That last item (work on a motorhome) is a huge obstacle to overcome. I hope you can find one close by.
Old 10-11-2021, 07:40 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFord View Post
Those links will work for you. You'll have to fill out the blanks to get to the information for the 2019 but the phone number on the Roadside Assistance card I attached will work for you or anyone with a Ford chassis in or out of warranty. They should be able to direct to a dealer equipped to fix your problem and willing to work on a motorhome. That last item (work on a motorhome) is a huge obstacle to overcome. I hope you can find one close by.
You have been a LIFESAVER. I didn't have access to my owner's manual (ok, I think it's lost, lol) and thanks to you I was able to access the info and found the 2019 manual and road assistance card. I will be calling them this morning. AGAIN, thank you so much!!!
Old 10-11-2021, 08:36 AM   #10

Ford F53 Work

World Ford in Pensacola does F53 chassis work.
winnbrave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:05 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnbrave1 View Post
World Ford in Pensacola does F53 chassis work.
Oh, thank you! I found a place that would do the work BUT NOT UNTIL DECEMBER 7TH. I will try World Ford and maybe they have an earlier appointment

Tags
air, ford, repair, warranty