Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2021, 11:35 PM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papachuckl97 View Post
Ctraxler asked me to update on our status of the new 34PA which fell under the recall. Fortunately we have not had any issues related to the recall and we are pretty happy with the rig. I do have a list of 15 items that need to be addressed and bringing to dealer in So Cal tomorrow to address a couple of those items.
The backup camera and cable harness connectors inside dash have been an issue since day 1. Dealer ordered a new display and cable harness to be installed tomorrow. My biggest issue of concern is a 12 inch wide bubble that runs near passenger side corner on the roof for about 15 feet. From what I am reading this is not that unusual but I am still going to see what Tiffin says.
Feel free to private message me or email with any questions about the 34PA. We love the layout and the fridge is working great with very little current draw.
Take Care and hope you all get your recall bearings installed soon. We have only driven about 200 miles but so far there hasn't been any issue with ABS rings causing check engine light as some have reported.
We ordered our rig Jan 29th 2021 and took ownership Sept 15th.
papachuckL97@gmail.com
Chuck, we really appreciate you updating us on the status. We’re so happy for you and can’t wait to join the Tiffin family when we finally get our 34PA. Meanwhile, we appreciate hearing about the inevitable punch list that all new RV owners have. Not our first rodeo with RV ownership, so we know how this goes. Pls PM me, if you wouldn’t mind, when you find out about the bubble along the roof. We have read in our Tiffin Facebook groups about others who’ve experienced this to some degree, but it’s been awhile and I can’t recall what ended up happening. Enjoy your new coach! ct
Ctraxler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2022, 03:26 PM   #324

Jayco Owners Club
Is the temporary fix sufficient?

I read that if Ford doesn't have the parts, or can't get to you soon enough, there is an interim (temporary) fix? I'm asking because I just put an offer on a rig and I will need to fly there and drive it back to TX. The coach hasn't had the recall performed. I am wondering if they at least fill the reservoir would that be ok to then drive home and get the recall completed there? It's about 1,100 miles. I can't get anyone from Ford to answer my question, nor are the dealers responding. Its a 2021 Jayco Alante with 6,680 miles on it.
DP3B58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 03:31 PM   #325

Jayco Owners Club
I read that if Ford doesn't have the parts, or can't get to you soon enough, there is an interim (temporary) fix? I'm asking because I just put an offer on a rig and I will need to fly there and drive it back to TX. The coach hasn't had the recall performed. I am wondering if they at least fill the reservoir would that be ok to then drive home and get the recall completed there? It's about 1,100 miles. I can't get anyone from Ford to answer my question, nor are the dealers responding. Its a 2021 Jayco Alante with 6,680 miles on it.
DP3B58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:33 PM   #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP3B58 View Post
Personally I think you would be ok. I would plan to roll under, pull the fill plug and check the level. If it is full then drive it. If not, then I wouldn't drive it that far until the recall is done.

6680 miles is really far to go and I would have expected it to fail before then if it was dangerously low (like mine )
Old 05-13-2022, 04:46 PM   #327

Ford Super Duty Owner
Oy....only Ford could pooch something so poorly. No competition in this class.

1. Dana Spicer sources them from India, because they are the cheapest in the WORLD.

2. The Indians, trying to save a buck or two on diff lube, decide to fill them half full.

3. Ford's solution? Source the replacement seals and bearings from CHINA, in the
middle of the pandemic.

+++++,

I took mine to Sam Pack Ford (DFW) and got totally jerked around. Made appointment for 1 month out, I show up and they say to just leave it out back for 6 WEEKS !!!???
No Effin' way.

I took it to another dealer who topped off the diff, but did not clear the recall. Really, Ford? I sold it.
Jacjetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:33 AM   #328

Grand Design Owners Club
Angry Good choice - Six weeks can become Six Months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacjetlag View Post
Oy....only Ford could pooch something so poorly. No competition in this class.

1. Dana Spicer sources them from India, because they are the cheapest in the WORLD.

2. The Indians, trying to save a buck or two on diff lube, decide to fill them half full.

3. Ford's solution? Source the replacement seals and bearings from CHINA, in the
middle of the pandemic.

+++++,

I took mine to Sam Pack Ford (DFW) and got totally jerked around. Made appointment for 1 month out, I show up and they say to just leave it out back for 6 WEEKS !!!???
No Effin' way.

I took it to another dealer who topped off the diff, but did not clear the recall. Really, Ford? I sold it.
If you were able to and not loose too much money it was a good choice to avoid the stress.
When we first took it to a dealer they stated “there’s no way to check the pumpkin level” 😱 !. Whereas when we got home there was a letter from FORD stating to have dealer check level
Most have additional problems after recall repair as mechanics must handle sensitive parts not being replaced.

Our Motorhome has been at dealer going on 7 months and they’re not even attempting any repair.
CruzinAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 10:06 AM   #329

Ford Super Duty Owner
We bought it brand new , before all of Newmar's price increases. Sold it for $15k over what we paid. It's a seller's market.

The Ford dealerships can't find or keep employees. Your warranty is useless if they never get to it.
Jacjetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:40 PM   #330

Filled mine myself and have used it for 10k miles now-Live in the 4th largest city in USA and no Ford dealer will work on a 35' Class A-I have called at least 8 times in a year with Ford Customer Service-with no solutions to the recall. Suggested a dealer in Louisiana -they stated "Bring it in and leave it-it will take 8-10 weeks before we look at it" They also informed me they don't make appointments.
PlaneJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 06:00 AM   #331

F53 Axle Oil level please comment.

Well, I bought a second hand 2021 Jayco Alante 26x with 2340 miles driven. Like new.
The Owner said he never got a recall notice, and that he had no axle problems or noises.
So when I had the Alante at my house, I could
FILL IN 8 QUARTS OF LUBRICANT into the rear axle using the top hole to fill.!!

How is it possible to drive 2340 miles and not damage the Axle ??
Some say that the axle holds 16 quarts, some say 12 quarts.

Owner drove only in Florida and no car towed behind.
Any thought , thank you
Harold,
hbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 02:18 PM   #332

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbrand View Post
Well, I bought a second hand 2021 Jayco Alante 26x with 2340 miles driven. Like new.
The Owner said he never got a recall notice, and that he had no axle problems or noises.

Any thought , thank you
Harold,
On our 2021 Tiffin Open Road 34PA with 2020 F53 chassis we had the recall done at Northside Ford Trucks in Portland OR. They just redid the rear axle parts per the recall even though we had 5,700 miles with no issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-04 132839.png
Views:	30
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	377928  
kandcbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 03:57 PM   #333

My mistake

Just learned that this axle has to fill plugs and I used the upper one which is wrong. The lower fill plug is the correct one. This way, only 4 quarts where missing.
Also, the pumpkin was installed with silicon gasket which I assume is not factory.

Quote:

Any thought , thank you
Harold,
Old 10-05-2022, 12:35 PM   #334

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Any thought , thank you
Harold,
In hindsight, probably should have drained some of the existing fluid out and checked it for metal particles and burnt smell.
I would say that if it drives OK you probably have no damage.
Also, as you read this thread you will see that replacing the wheel bearings sometimes causes other problem like tone ring issues.
AlwaysDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 05:49 AM   #335

Thank you, so far no issues.
According to axle manufacturer, axle holds 13 quarts, so I had 8 or so in it. Axle number 130737
The only annoying issue I have is front wheel vibrations. Bought Centramatic wheel balancers and will post if they help.
Greetings, Harold
Old 10-06-2022, 06:08 AM   #336

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Thank you, so far no issues.
According to axle manufacturer, axle holds 13 quarts, so I had 8 or so in it. Axle number 130737
The only annoying issue I have is front wheel vibrations. Bought Centramatic wheel balancers and will post if they help.
Greetings, Harold
I had vibration in my 2020 Entegra Vision 29S. It seemed to be speed dependent. 63 to 67 MPH was the worst. I had the tires balanced and a front end alignment and it made a significant difference. Looking at some suspension improvements to reduce the harsh ride. New Shocks, Helper springs (Sumo Springs), Sway Bar adjustment (Cheap Handling Fix CHF). Here is a link to a YouTube video I watched:

AlwaysDream is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, rear, recall