Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2017, 08:50 AM   #1

Ford F53 Chassis Manual & Owners Manual Forum needs some TLC

The Ford F53 Chassis Manual & Owners Manual Forum needs some TLC.

I have clicked on every link embedded in that forum and I have found that they are either dead links or they are the wrong links. Is there anyone out there that can point me towards a website that will allow me to download the service & repair manuals without it costing me a few hundred dollars to get?

I own a 2001 Rexhall Aerbus that holds a Ford F53 v10 6.8L. I am having difficulty locating the service and repair manuals. Does anyone have any new updated information as to where I can find these manuals without having to pay hundreds of dollars for them?

I'd be gratefully appreciative for any help.

Thank you in advance
Be safe and blessed in your travels.
spinbp5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2017, 08:53 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a lot of the 1999 - 2001 F53 manuals on my site.

DOWNLOADS – 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

do the CLICK HERE to see the list - highlight the one you're interested in, then do a right click so it opens in a new window...

I also have some of the TSBs that pertain to my 1999 Soutwind on my other site:

http://www.1999southwind.com/download/

I bought a 1999 service manual CD from Rock Auto, $20. It seems to have everything in it.

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:09 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
spinbp5er-

Paper F-53 service manuals are hard to come by, and expensive, as you have found.

I purchased a 2007-8 Service DVD off eBay for under $40. The oldest one I can find now is for a 2005-6; here's the link. To use the DVD I purchased I need to set the PC's clock back to 2008. My PC also runs Windows 7. I don't know if the DVD will run on Windows 10.

I'm not a Ford mechanic, but some of the information on a 2005-6 DVD would probably be the same for your 2001. Trouble is, you need to know enough to sort that out.

The Ford Body Builders Layout Book for 2001 and Ford chassis manual for 2001 are here and here. I realize they are not the same as the service manuals.

Note that you need to confirm the model year of your chassis. There are plenty of 2001 coaches built on 2000 chassis.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:23 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
RockAuto - This is for my 1999

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...=1500981&jsn=1

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:05 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
The Ford CD's that were/are available at the dealers are seldom being used by the technicians. WHY??? The technicians go on line to a sight I think is called Oasis. That gives them all the latest updates and information.

The CD's are still being sent to the dealers but they just set in a drawer and collect dust. I have CD's from 2009, up through 2016. They were free for the asking.

I realize you may want CD's from 2001. Much of the information on the F-53 chassis has not changed over the years. Even if you get a CD that is not specific for your year it will still help. Yes it might or is necessary to get specific information about a model year and that I understand. Curious why a free for the asking CD costs so much??

The dealer CD's time out so the technicians have the latest changes available and then they are not using out dated info. There are many, many specific changes that are made all the time.

Check your local Ford dealers and you just might get lucky. If they are not being used they might give them to you. All of the ones I have also have all other models of Ford cars, trucks as well as electrical schematics.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinbp5er View Post
The Ford F53 Chassis Manual & Owners Manual Forum needs some TLC.

I have clicked on every link embedded in that forum and I have found that they are either dead links or they are the wrong links. Is there anyone out there that can point me towards a website that will allow me to download the service & repair manuals without it costing me a few hundred dollars to get?

I own a 2001 Rexhall Aerbus that holds a Ford F53 v10 6.8L. I am having difficulty locating the service and repair manuals. Does anyone have any new updated information as to where I can find these manuals without having to pay hundreds of dollars for them?

I'd be gratefully appreciative for any help.

Thank you in advance
Be safe and blessed in your travels.
There is currently a service manual CD on e bay for the 2000/2001 trucks which includes the F53 motorhome chassis. I have this CD version for some trucks and also used it for our 2001 motorhome. It's an excellent manual.

2001 FORD F150 250 350 450 550 TRUCKS FACTORY SHOP SERVICE EVTM PCED MANUALS CD | eBay

I would ask the seller if the one he is selling truly covers the F53 chassis. One of the pictures shows the F53 as an option, but it may be a generic photo.

If you're looking for an F53 chassis owners manual they're available from Ford at no charge. Here's a link to the manuals page on their website:
Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

Here's a link to the 2001 F53 owners manual:
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo.../01motog1e.pdf

Tags
chassis, f53, ford, forum, manual