Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2015, 04:53 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Fumoto Valve

Getting ready for the first oil change on my 2016 Bounder/Ford V10 and want to install a Fumoto F106N. Question is, do I need to order a valve adaptor to install the Fumoto to clear the bump outs on the pan or will the valve fit without it? Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2015, 05:02 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I instakled the valve in my 2013 engine with no issues. I don't believe ford has done any changes to that motor in recent years. Your best bet is to check with Fumoto to see if there have been any changes with the 2016.

TeJay
Old 09-02-2015, 10:07 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
MDPD,
Fumoto F106N is a strait screw in replacement for original Pan Plug.
Here is the PN for the Fumoto Valve with a 90deg nipple: F-316L
Attached Images

sikorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:12 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I love the Fumoto valve. I had it on my Ford v10 and it made changing the oil a breeze. If you get the hose attachment, it makes it even easier.
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:14 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I suggest you either order (or simply purchase locally) clear plastic tubing to attach to valve to dirt oil flow into collection container. Much less mess.

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:31 AM   #6

I agree the valve makes changing oil much easier, but now I need to find an easier way to get the oil back into the engine. The oil fill placement sucks! So far I have been refilling quart bottles and getting the oil in that way, any other ideas guys?
Old 09-27-2015, 04:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWDan View Post
I agree the valve makes changing oil much easier, but now I need to find an easier way to get the oil back into the engine. The oil fill placement sucks! So far I have been refilling quart bottles and getting the oil in that way, any other ideas guys?
Good sized plastic funnel - add a good length of heater hose that will fit over funnel that's long enough to get the funnel outside the cowl and a bit higher.

Glenn
Old 09-27-2015, 06:17 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Crankcase oil fill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWDan View Post
Here's what I used last week.

The filler tube with valve is from O'Reilly Auto Parts. I replaced the original tube with a longer one. It fits the 5 qt and 1 qt containers.

FloTool 10106 - Oil On/Off Spout | O'Reilly Auto Parts

It works better than other things that I've tried but the oil does flow a little slow though the tube.

Al
Old 09-27-2015, 08:29 PM   #9

I looked at those, but I like to use Valolline Full Syn oil and the 5 quart jug cap is too big for the device to fit. Come on Valoline standardize you caps!
Old 09-27-2015, 08:59 PM   #10

RE installing oil

I have not thought this out well, but since you are already under the RV, could you use a small pump and INSTALL the oil through the Fumoto valve? (I keep a cap on mine to keep dirt out. Makes drawing a sample for analysis easy.)

Matt B
Old 09-27-2015, 10:35 PM   #11

12V 5A Oil Diesel Fuel Fluid Extractor Electric Transfer Scavenge Suction Pump[/B]

I purchased one of these off ebay for around $17 free shipping ... works great on the 5 qt containers. If your battery is up front, then easy to hook up for power.
Milehghcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:45 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I installed my fumoto valve without changing the oil. I read about hooking a vacuum cleaner hose to the pipe where you add the oil. The oil is held inplace by the vacuum when you remove the oil drain plug. It worked very well, just remember to install the fumoto value in the closed position.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:15 AM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Seems a lot easier to just order the Fumoto valve do your first change and install the valve. I've had no issues with transferring the oil from the 5 quart container to a quart bottle then using a plastic shut off valve and small funnel. Hey an hour job every 6-8 months is not bad.

Get your 1/2" clear plastic tube at any of the big box stores: HD or Lowe's. Even some of the plastic caps come with a plastic tube.

Great little device for oil changes especially because of what Ford puts under, near and around the drain. They sure went an extra mile to make a simple job harder.

TeJay
Old 09-30-2015, 09:17 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have found the easiest way to put the oil in is to use a garden sprayer. Lowes has them for less than $20. Just be sure to cut the spray nozzle off the end of the wand. It takes less than five minutes to put in the 7 quarts of oil, about the time it takes to crawl under and lube the front end.Close
Forgot to add, use a zip tie to keep the handle open