Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2021, 03:04 PM   #1

Fuse for Voyager camera

Does anyone know which fuse on a 2006 Winnebago protects the Voyager rear camera. I don't have power to my rear view camera system
DonnieGay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2021, 07:52 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieGay View Post
Does anyone know which fuse on a 2006 Winnebago protects the Voyager rear camera. I don't have power to my rear view camera system
I recently replaced my voyager and don't remember a separate fuse for rear cam.
You might try reseating the rear camera connector under the dash(looks like s-video cable on my MH. If you have another monitor or remove yours you could try plugging straight into the voyager with the right adapter to see if the voyager/ camera are OK.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 06:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
I recently replaced my voyager and don't remember a separate fuse for rear cam.
You might try reseating the rear camera connector under the dash(looks like s-video cable on my MH. If you have another monitor or remove yours you could try plugging straight into the voyager with the right adapter to see if the voyager/ camera are OK.
I’m in the process of replacing my original Voyager. I hooked my new Tadi bros monitor together to the 12 volt power servicing the old voyager. Everything worked. I then plugged the camera into the wiring at the rear of the coach and the monitor into the original Voyager monitor power. At first I got a picture on the monitor saying “no signal”. Apparently I wasn’t getting power to the camera. I think during the process I shorted the power source. Now I’m not getting power to the monitor. BYW, Tadibros has been zero help
Old 06-12-2021, 09:18 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I’m in the process of replacing my original Voyager. I hooked my new Tadi bros monitor together to the 12 volt power servicing the old voyager. Everything worked. I then plugged the camera into the wiring at the rear of the coach and the monitor into the original Voyager monitor power. At first I got a picture on the monitor saying “no signal”. Apparently I wasn’t getting power to the camera. I think during the process I shorted the power source. Now I’m not getting power to the monitor. BYW, Tadibros has been zero help
What adapter are you using to connect new monitor to your rear cam?
Old 06-13-2021, 07:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
What adapter are you using to connect new monitor to your rear cam?
The adapters that were furnished by Tadibros
Old 06-13-2021, 08:46 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
The adapters that were furnished by Tadibros
Sorry. I was just trying to help. I, of course have no idea what adapters you rec'd from Tadibros. Good luck brother.
Old 06-13-2021, 10:09 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
If I were you, I'd be looking for a fuse that has blown.
Old 06-14-2021, 07:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryStone View Post
If I were you, I'd be looking for a fuse that has blown.
I’ve checked every fuse I could find in the coach including all those under the dash. The plug on the back of the Voyager and consequently the cable to the camera is square with 4 pins. The plug on the new equipment is round with 8 pins, 7 around the perimeter with 1 center pin. Tadibros provided adapters to accomplish connecting the different cables. The Voyagers power was provided by a separate 12 volt cable. The Tabibros adapters had wires for connecting power. Unfortunately there is no voltage on the coach wiring going to the monitor.
There was voltage on the electric supply until I started working with it. Have checked all the fuses in the engine compartment and under the dash. Thanks for your help and advice.
Old 06-14-2021, 11:38 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
On my rig, the camera power comes from the coach 12 VDC fuse block, which, again, on my rig, is adjacent to the AC breaker panel.
Old 06-15-2021, 10:14 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryStone View Post
On my rig, the camera power comes from the coach 12 VDC fuse block, which, again, on my rig, is adjacent to the AC breaker panel.
Does the power wire for your monitor come from overhead or from under the dash?
Old 06-15-2021, 10:23 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Have you tried putting the shifter in reverse with the key on?
Old 06-16-2021, 08:17 AM   #12

I found the problem. Blown inline 3 amp fuse located directly under the dash up against the firewall. Almost impossible for 6 foot man to reach. Could only get one hand on it but managed to twist it and open the fuse casing. Why on earth would Winnebago place a serviceable component in such a place. Wouldn’t the in-line fuse be just as effective near to where the line connects to the monitor. Go figure
Old 06-16-2021, 02:11 PM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Glad you found it. Did that fix the camera issue as well?
Old 06-18-2021, 09:15 AM   #14

Don’t know yet. Tying to find out from Tadi Bros the correct way to energize the adapters that they furnished to hook up to my old Voyager cables. Getting any help from them is next to impossible. I don’t want to chance blowing that fuse again. I’ll let you know how it works when I hook it up again

Tags
camera, fuse, voyage