Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2016, 08:11 AM   #1

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Help help help Georgie Boy 1994 start problem

I have a 1994 georgie boy encounter-it will not start-i turn the key and all i get is a click. i replaced the battery, i replaced the starter-i believe it is a starter relay problem-but cannot find the starter relay-it is not under the hood-but the click sounds very close to the firewall-can any one help-please email me at bdstricker@gmail.com to ensure I get a response
BDS52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2016, 08:30 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Is this a class "A" Motorhome on an F53 chassis?

I will guess it is an F53.

/
subford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:28 PM   #3

Triple E Owners Club
Neutral start switch on the transmission?
Jagtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:30 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Starter

I'm nor sure about your particular year, but there is another starter relay piggy-backing the starter.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
His now problem is that the 12GA Red wire that runs from the starter relay to the starter solenoid has caught fire. He is now going to be running a bypass wire from the starter relay to the starter solenoid on top of the starter.

He has also replaced the starter relay and the starter along with its solenoid before the fire.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:48 AM   #6

Triple E Owners Club
Worst case scenario is a seized engine. Not really what you want to hear, right? Try turning the crankshaft by hand using a flat bar at the flywheel teeth. That'll at least eliminate that possible cause. A burnt starter primary wire indicates heavy current draw, which a frozen engine will do.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:12 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
This red wire does not carry a high current as it just goes to the solenoid windings to close the contacts on the starter cable from the battery to the starter.

/
Old 01-31-2016, 02:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by subford View Post
His now problem is that the 12GA Red wire that runs from the starter relay to the starter solenoid has caught fire. He is now going to be running a bypass wire from the starter relay to the starter solenoid on top of the starter.

He has also replaced the starter relay and the starter along with its solenoid before the fire.

I guess as I did not see any information about a fire in his first post.
This is not a high load wire does he say if anything else was damaged in the fire.
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:42 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
No and I have not heard back from him at this point.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:28 PM   #10

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Just going to burn it down 94 Georgie boy

Got a new starter and solenoid-checked it on the ground for engage disengage ment-work fine-put it in-and the starter will not disengage-the first start ran fine-second start it would not disengage-removed it-and checked it again-starter seems to be okay--autozone starter replacement life time warranty-could the model have changed??? don't know-if you see a large fire-its me burning the damn thing down. thanks for all your help guys-I sincerely appreciate it.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:28 PM   #11

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Just going to burn it down 94 Georgie boy

Got a new starter and solenoid-checked it on the ground for engage disengage ment-work fine-put it in-and the starter will not disengage-the first start ran fine-second start it would not disengage-removed it-and checked it again-starter seems to be okay--autozone starter replacement life time warranty-could the model have changed??? don't know-if you see a large fire-its me burning the damn thing down. thanks for all your help guys-I sincerely thank you all
Old 02-03-2016, 07:02 PM   #12

Georgie Boy Owners Club
got it running boys-the alternator was wired to the wrong friggin post???? But problems remain that were not issues before all this-going to test more stuff tomorrow
Old 02-04-2016, 09:14 AM   #13

Triple E Owners Club
I have not had very good luck with "remanufactured" starters. Got lucky on the third one last time. In future, I'll opt for a new one, even if it is more costly.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:13 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
The alternator wiring:

The starting circuits:

/

Tags
georgie boy