Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2016, 11:13 AM   #1

Help to Identify these solenoids

Help to identify these solenoids in the power distribution box up front in the battery access panel on a 2000 Georgie Boy 36' motorhome.

Your help is greatly appreciated in me understanding my motorhome.
In Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2016, 01:29 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
I'm guessing they are to disconnect house and chassis batteries, perhaps also to tie the two systems together for charging or for a dashboard 'boost' switch to tie the two battery groups together for emergency starts.

You could help identify the functions by using a mechanic's stethoscope or even just touch to detect them actuating when battery isolation or boost switches are pressed by a helper inside the RV.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:37 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
#3 Looks like an Intellitec Battery Disconnect Relay.
wajell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 03:03 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajell View Post
#3 Looks like an Intellitec Battery Disconnect Relay.
You win the cupie doll. #3 is a intellitec latching relay. It is probably the house battery disconnect for use during storage. The other are the battery control relays. One closes when you start the engine. It ties the two battery systems together, so the house battery (or batteries.) and the engine battery get charged while driving. the last one is used to start the motorhome if the chassis battery is dead.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:15 AM   #5

Thank you for your responses. I will ask pretty please for the DW to assist me to verify their function. Planning a Texas to California to Canada (Banff) to Mt. Rushmore to Indianapolis trip this summer and checking to make sure all systems are good to go.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:42 AM   #6

Can you tell me more about the function of solenoid #1. The others seem to be working as described. Solenoid #1 has me puzzled. The coach is parked, hooked to shore power, engine off. The right side has 14.8 v and the left side has 11.8 v. Both coach and chassis batteries are fully charged with 14.8 v.
Where is this 11.8 v coming from?
Old 05-25-2016, 02:16 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
In Pursuit I "think" this is a diagram of the battery solenoids, different from anything I have seen.
Also look at this thread:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/12-vo...lp-235545.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Georgie Boy 12v relays.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	128195  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:31 AM   #8

Thank you grtharris. A picture is worth a thousand words. My GB Pursuit is a "little" different from this schematic, but does show me the function of the solenoid.
For gatraveler, I do not see how the "run" solenoid can charge both batteries from the schematic, however, from my picture I can see how.
Oh well, until someone can give another explanation, it has worked for 16 years and should work for another.

Tags
solenoid