Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2021, 05:27 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am new here and my chassis air conditioning is not operating

Hello all, this is absolutely my first post in this forum. I have a problem with my AC clutch not engaging. I checked the power at both of the permissible sensors located under the service hood and have no voltage to either. The chassis fuse boxes do not have a fuse location and I am wondering if there is a location for the AC clutch fuse. Any help is appreciated with possible photos to show location.

1995 Fleetwood Flair (New to me) F53 chassis, 460ci.
Dacarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2021, 06:28 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Maybe this will help:

/
subford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:58 PM   #3

Bill is that a Denso or Ford wiring print? His Flair has a Denso HVAC system.
Back in 95 Ford left a hot lead behind the dash for the coach manufacture to add an inline fuse for HVAC power. At least that's the way my 95 F53 chassis is. The lead has a Ford label on it that say "blower motor feed".

Richard
Old 04-18-2021, 05:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacarter View Post
Hello all, this is absolutely my first post in this forum. I have a problem with my AC clutch not engaging. I checked the power at both of the permissible sensors located under the service hood and have no voltage to either. The chassis fuse boxes do not have a fuse location and I am wondering if there is a location for the AC clutch fuse. Any help is appreciated with possible photos to show location.

Try hot wiring the clutch. Most dash A/C systems have a low pressure sensor and will not engage unless there is 20 psi or so the return line.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:45 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have no voltage at both sensors at front service access. Seems it is beyond that. Not saying I have a low charge but before I take it to get serviced, I want to chase any possibility myself before that.
Old 04-18-2021, 07:49 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by House Husband View Post
It was a Evans Tempcon wiring diagram.
subford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:52 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here is what I found so far:
There is a 10 amp inline fuse behind the kickpad on the passenger side. (Dumb place for a fuse) the fuse is good and power to it. My blower works. There is no power to either side of the high limit and low pressure switch leads. There is no power at either lead to freeze stat.
I did not locate a relay for the compressor yet. I will make that my job tomorrow unless anyone can point me to where it could be.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:16 AM   #8
US1

Put a meter right at the plug at the compressor clutch and check voltage when you turn AC on. I don’t see how any pressure switch will have any feedback until the compressor is running.
9 times outta 10 it’ll just be low Freon. Possibly a compressor leakage do to the age?
Old 04-20-2021, 11:56 AM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacarter View Post

If low on Freon, the low pressure switch keeps compressor off to prevent damage.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:59 AM   #10

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Some cars used to have fuse on firewall?
Old 04-20-2021, 12:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by House Husband View Post
Back in 95 Ford left a hot lead behind the dash for the coach manufacture to add an inline fuse for HVAC power. At least that's the way my 95 F53 chassis is. The lead has a Ford label on it that say "blower motor feed".

Richard
Exactly what I found tracing wires for my blower motor in 2015 Fleetwood Flair. Fleetwood wired a fuse under the dash above the emergency brake. Took me days to figure out. It supplied power to the blower and clutch too. No label or anything. Just wire tied to 2 other fuses and shoved up under the dash. All the Ford fuses were good. You would think they would at least put them in a box and label. Note the crimp on connectors. I figured out, Fleetwood uses white wires for positive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E5EA05A2-C4E1-403B-AC9A-BCA556BC2791.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	325679   Click image for larger version

Name:	A2B547B6-B968-4A16-82B2-9D831C276197.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	325680  

Click image for larger version

Name:	A697AF0C-8B42-4FFE-8A51-7940283F05AF.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	301.4 KB
ID:	325686  
Old 05-03-2021, 07:11 PM   #12

Was your blower motor not working as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittntheroad View Post
Exactly what I found tracing wires for my blower motor in 2015 Fleetwood Flair. Fleetwood wired a fuse under the dash above the emergency brake. Took me days to figure out. It supplied power to the blower and clutch too. No label or anything. Just wire tied to 2 other fuses and shoved up under the dash. All the Ford fuses were good. You would think they would at least put them in a box and label. Note the crimp on connectors. I figured out, Fleetwood uses white wires for positive.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileyson View Post
Was your blower motor not working as well?
My blower motor wasn’t working on heat or AC.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:11 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My blower motor works. I figure if it is low on freon, the low pressure safety switch would be open with voltage only to one side. There is no voltage at any wire on both sensors. I never checked actual pressure yet as I have a few other things going on. When I get to it I will update again.

Tags
air, air conditioning, chassis