Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2021, 06:17 PM   #15

Burnt contacts in the fuel pump relay could also cause problems.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2021, 02:40 PM   #16

Jim, you are right about the burnt contacts causing a voltage drop, and could be the problem since it takes multiple key cycles to get 15lb pressure, and in a "throw parts at it" approach you would think that would be second part to throw at it. If Pandarevolt doesn't come back and post we'll never know, and his fix won't be here to help someone else in the future.
RealNiceTent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 07:07 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Very easy to check. Most of the Ford relays are the same and can be swapped for one you know is working. Or just swap relays and see what happens.
Old 09-24-2021, 07:36 PM   #18

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandarevolt View Post
Hey y'all,

This is my first post here after a fair amount of reading through stuff. I've got a 2011 Ford E350 Super Duty with the 6.8L V10 gas engine, and I'm only getting 15 psi to the fuel rail. I've had 3 mechanics say it was the fuel pump, so I replaced that, and still getting the same results. We have also replaced the throttle body, TPS, and MAF sensor. I've been stuck in Richmond, VA, for 2 weeks now trying to figure this out, and I need to get back on the road ASAP. Any ideas?

Edit to include that there is no fuel pump inertia switch on this model, and that the fuel filter is on the pump itself (no in-line filter). I'm thinking it's a wire I can't find or that the line is just clogged somehow.
I am no expert, but pretty sure there is a FUEL RAIL PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE ($5.34 ROCKAUTODOTCOM) that is on the outlet end of the FUEL MANIFOLD that is normally closed, and opens to bleed pressure as engine slows down/ demand drops/ pressure rises/ and PR opens to return excess to the tank. (SOUNDS LIKE yours maybe stuck OPEN?) P.s: I also agree w/ replacing the RELAY ... ALWAYS w/ New PUMP
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ef+valve,15150
Old 09-25-2021, 05:28 AM   #19

Just checking back in to thank everyone for the replies. I gave up and sent it in to the pros at Colonial Ford in Richmond, but they are backed up for 3 weeks until they’ll be able to give it a look. Since I’m traveling (I’ve been on the road for almost a year now), I opted to fly home and come back for it once they’ve gotten a chance to diagnose the issue. I’ll be sure to update again once I know more.
Pandarevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:42 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
FYI, 2011 e350 v10 has a fuel pump driver module, that is between the battery junction box and the fuel pump, it varies the voltage to the pump based on load commands from the pcm, normal fuel pressure for koeo is 55 to 60.
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel