Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2013, 05:35 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Michelin Tire Recall

Just found this on Google news this morning:

"WASHINGTON -- Michelin North America is recalling 1.2 million tires in the United States — including some used as original equipment on full-size Ford vans — because the tread might come apart, according to a report from the tiremaker posted on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website.

Michelin said the LTX M/S tires in a 225/75/16 size were designed for “commercial light trucks, full-sized heavy duty vans, small recreational vehicles and some large pickup trucks.”

Ford used the tires as original equipment on the 2010 through 2013 models of its E-Series vans, Ford spokeswoman Kelli Felker wrote in an email.

Michelin said there had been no reports of injuries."
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2013, 05:37 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Just saw it on the tv news. Thanks for posting it.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
From the NHTSA website:

"REMEDY:
Michelin will notify owners and Michelin dealers will replace the tires free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on January 6, 2014. Owners may call Michelin Consumer Care Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST, or Saturday and Sunday from 8:30am to 4:30pm EST at the following numbers: USA: 1-800-231-5893 (language options: English and Spanish)"
Old 12-16-2013, 03:22 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My tires had 9000 kms on them and came apart all six tires were replaced under warranty
greglloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #5

Just got mine replaced, dropped off at Discount Tire came back a couple of hours later to pick it up and they told me that I owed them $96 for labor, they claimed that the recall did not cover labor, I called the 800 number set up for the recall and had the problem resolved in less than 5 min., seems that someone at Discount had sent out information on the recall that had incorrectly stated that labor was not included. Michelin did a great job fixing the problem and i got two years free out of my tires.
Brent
737brentc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:41 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm a little late but thanks for the heads up...time to call a tire shop
CbtEngr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall