Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2021, 01:20 PM   #141

Fleetwood Owners Club
The recharge of AC didn't resolve issue, blowing hot air. waiting on a appointment from dealer to resolve but would like to correct issue myself, saves tme and running back and forth.
sevenmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2021, 07:08 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenmacs View Post
The recharge of AC didn't resolve issue, blowing hot air. waiting on a appointment from dealer to resolve but would like to correct issue myself, saves tme and running back and forth.
I'm not sure if this would apply to your MH, but a good number of 2020-2021 Winnebago's with the new V8 had AC supply/return lines reversed. There's a long thread and relatively quick fix -- which worked for me -- here: https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...-359930-3.html https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...-359930-3.html
Hermes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 08:15 AM   #143
D20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
The coolant control valve was sticking on mine and would not blow cold. I proved this by pinching off the coolant hose just before the valve. Blew cold while pinched. I checked the voltages on the valve connection while changing the temperature control on the dash and all was as it should be. I wound up cycling the temperature control on the dash from full hot to full cold, letting it sit for 30 seconds or so at each extreme, back and forth numerous times. That has freed up the valve to where now it fully seats and dash air is nice and cold.

I am guessing that you also have the ProAir Evans Tempcon A/C. If so, there are good step by step troubleshooting manuals here: https://www.proairllc.com/design-eng...empcon-guides/
Old 09-05-2021, 09:10 PM   #144

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes2 View Post
I'm not sure if this would apply to your MH, but a good number of 2020-2021 Winnebago's with the new V8 had AC supply/return lines reversed. There's a long thread and relatively quick fix -- which worked for me -- here: https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...-359930-3.html https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...-359930-3.html
Possibly it , I noticed that what I thought to be the retrun line was very hot when it shouldn't be unless heat is on. The supply side wasn't hot, just warm. I'll need to look deeper to see if the are resveresed.
Old 09-09-2021, 05:35 AM   #145

I also have cold AC while idling and then hot once driving. I called the Ford dealer for that and other issues and they told me it is a common problem and that it is something the RV dealer would need to handle. She mentioned the swapped lines and I brought up the heater control valve. She said they have been unsuccessful trying to fix them so now they direct customers to the RV dealer. The heater control valve is not a Ford part, she said.

Yay. Can’t wait to pursue General RV about it. I’d rather attempt DIY fixes.
TFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 09:04 PM   #146

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFell View Post
I also have cold AC while idling and then hot once driving. I called the Ford dealer for that and other issues and they told me it is a common problem and that it is something the RV dealer would need to handle. She mentioned the swapped lines and I brought up the heater control valve. She said they have been unsuccessful trying to fix them so now they direct customers to the RV dealer. The heater control valve is not a Ford part, she said.

I had same problem and reveresed lines today and its working fine now. Supply line to valve should come from manifold, return line goes to the water pump. This was also confirmed today by Ford technician for F53 chassis.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:36 AM   #147

Quote:
I had same problem and reveresed lines today and its working fine now. Supply line to valve should come from manifold, return line goes to the water pump. This was also confirmed today by Ford technician for F53 chassis.
Yea! In my case, I paid an RV dealer tech to quick-swap the lines rather than wait for an OK from WBGO. Good thing, as WBG "declined" the warranty fix I had performed -- they wanted to do the whole "replace everything else first" routine. Now I have to send WBGO a bill for the work as it solved the problem.
Hermes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 02:55 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFell View Post

Strange! It is a Ford chassis and I would think the dash air was part of the Ford engine and chassis. Roof air---yes that's the dealer, but dash air?? Maybe the factory buys the engine and chassis separately??
Garyaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 05:51 PM   #149
D20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyaber View Post
Strange! It is a Ford chassis and I would think the dash air was part of the Ford engine and chassis. Roof air---yes that's the dealer, but dash air?? Maybe the factory buys the engine and chassis separately??
Ford only supplies the compressor and some hoses. Maybe the dryer. Each RV manufacturer is responsible for purchasing the evaporator, fan, controls, ducting, etc and getting them all hooked up correctly. Most often, the RV manufacturers are purchasing Proair Evans Tempcon systems.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:56 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyaber View Post
What you see here is what Ford supplies (f53 stripped chassis). Everything else is pieced together by the motorhome manufacture.

mack73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:40 PM   #151

Grand Design Owners Club
So is anyone else getting a P068A code? I got one today and the Godzilla went into a low power mode. Turned it off, restarted and it went away for a couple miles until I let up on the gas then it coughed and went into low power. Since I was only 25 miles out from home I got on the freeway and took backroads home . Ran ok at 35-45 mph but still has the check light. Starts and idles fine. And will climb a hill at low speed. Just doesn’t like going 65 on the freeway. I already changed the plug wires. This is something new.
Kluffinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:51 PM   #152
D20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluffinator View Post
So is anyone else getting a P068A code? I got one today and the Godzilla went into a low power mode. Turned it off, restarted and it went away for a couple miles until I let up on the gas then it coughed and went into low power. Since I was only 25 miles out from home I got on the freeway and took backroads home . Ran ok at 35-45 mph but still has the check light. Starts and idles fine. And will climb a hill at low speed. Just doesn’t like going 65 on the freeway. I already changed the plug wires. This is something new.
I haven’t heard of this issue. I don’t really know but google says it might be a bad relay that supplies power to the PCM. You could pull the relay and check it out. It is R02 located in the Ford chassis fuse box under the hood.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:58 PM   #153

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by D20 View Post
I haven’t heard of this issue. I don’t really know but google says it might be a bad relay that supplies power to the PCM. You could pull the relay and check it out. It is R02 located in the Ford chassis fuse box under the hood.

Thanks. Worth a try.
Kluffinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 07:13 AM   #154

Turned out to be reversed lines on my coach. I got the impression from General RV, who fixed it, that it is somewhat common. Works perfectly now!
TFell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, f53