Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2023, 07:46 AM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tskadberg View Post
I second all this but for the front radius that I have not done. I don’t have any handling issues. It is not as smooth as I’d like but that’s a liquid springs upgrade I can’t afford. I don’t fear winds up to 40 mph and don’t really notice when trucks pass.

On roads with waves/dips in them I feel my toad doing a tug and push. But not sure how to fix that.

I have driven many miles with an Rx bottle sitting next to the sink and it doesn’t move much.

Sound insulation is my next goal. I’ve done some but need to tighten up the stairs. Lots of road noise comes in there. As well as zero insulation. Right now it’s 15 degrees out 65 in the rv yet snow didn’t melt overnight on the steps.
Great feedback on the modifications O-Joe. I have done the track bar and the Konis on my 18k 190" WB. Good improvement!

I also had a lot of noise coming from my stairs. I checked it out and mine was just painted sheetmetal. I added Dynamat Extreme to the outside and it is noticeably better. Also added Dynamat Extreme above the transmission....a large area on the bottom of the floor. That helped too.

My latest add was Dynamat Extreme with Dynamat Hoodliner on top of that placed under the hood on the bottom of the dashboard fiberglass piece that extends to the windshield. Big improvement from that.

Now my most prevalent noise seems to be from the front tires. I sprayed some sound deadener up in the wheelwells but didn't make much difference.

15k miles on my V8 and the engine has been flawless.
TFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2023, 04:54 AM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDream View Post
May I ask what were your suspension upgrades and the evaluation of each upgrade?

There are lots of V10 Chassis threads but not too many on the new F53 V8 Chassis. For example, I don't believe the CHF (Cheap Handling Fix) applies to the front stabilizer on the new chassis.
New 2022 F-53 owner here. 2022 Thor Windsport 29M. Before purchasing it, I read this thread and had a list of suspension upgrades that I planned to purchase. Upon purchasing my unit I crawled under it to find that It already had the Safe T blue steering stabilizer on it as well as a factory rear trac bar on it. Definatly saved me a few bucks. I still plan to install Koni shocks and add Dynamat to the engine bay. Great right up by the way. This thread convinced me to go with the 7.3 chassis versus a slightly older V-10 chassis.
Knightrider- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 05:40 PM   #185

Ford Super Duty Owner
Centramatic Wheel Balancers

2020+ Entegra Vision 29S F53 18K GVWR 25,000 miles
I wanted to mention a "suspension upgrade" that fixed my specific problem.
My problem was a speed dependent vibration that caused steering wheel vibration, vibration and squeaking noise, vibration in the dash board.
I had the front end aligned and front wheels spin balanced and the helped.
I came across "dynamic" wheel balancers. These devices go on the wheel lugs behind the tires. The installation is as easy as removing the wheel, sliding the device on the lugs and re-installing the wheel.

This fixed the front end vibration. It is a superior way to balance your wheels.
It also has the added benefits of reducing tire wear, tire temperature.

This is a YouTube demonstration of the theory, 3 1/2 minutes:

Front Wheel Balancers:
https://www.centramatic.com/wheel-ba...Number=400-422

Rear Wheel Balancers:
https://www.centramatic.com/wheel-ba...Number=400-423

Obviously, I think they smooth out high frequency vibrations and are worth the money.
AlwaysDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 05:59 PM   #186
NXR

I'm putting them on ours when we replace the tires next year. The only potential disadvantage is that they can mask a problem such as a wheel bearing problem, a chunk of missing rubber, etc. but that's not a normal condition.

And I'd wager many if not most people would just blame a defect like those on bad roads if they noticed at all.

Ray
Old 03-02-2024, 11:16 AM   #187

I am glad that i found this post. It has some good information. i will try to add some more.

I purchased a 2022 Jayco Alante with the 7.3 liter with a published HP of 350 @3900 RPM. ( Ford recalculated the HP to 335, and sent me a check for $100 for their error.) Thanks! At that point what different does it make.
The actual manufacture date is in 2021on the F53. Present milage is 11,000. Towing a Jeep Gladiator average milage is 8 MPG at 65 + or - .

There were a few mentions in the thread of “Spongy Brakes” . I thought so also. Took it into Rush Truck in FL. The response from Rush was that it was Normal. That they were designed that way “to reduce brake pad drag”, according to Ford. I just step harder and it stops fine.

Modifications

Safe T Plus front stabilizer & Sumo Springs
Rear Trac Bar
4 Koni FSD Shocks
5 Star Tuning computer tuning upgraded recently. So far only noticed the shift RPM have increased. The V10 is said to make a major improvement.

My only issue so far is the Onan 4000 W generator will stall out sometimes. Had it checked twice. It only happens to me.

Overall, I am a happy camper!
John Caiati is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, f53