Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2020, 03:28 PM   #99

I thought so too but I had to coach Weighted, went to the Michelin website and went by their recommended pressures. I’ve asked to other people their opinions and have them look at the chart and they both agreed with the numbers that I came up with. I have a 2011 Ticen 35qba
Rikmac111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2020, 08:35 PM   #100

I bought one of these a couple of years ago.

M1A1 Tire Inflator

This spring I used it to top off the tires instead of my home compressor just to make sure it still worked. It did. Takes a while but it got the F53 tire pressure where I wanted it. There is a built-in gauge which seems pretty accurate. I plug it into the 12V socket in one of the hatches and the electric cord, combined with the hose length reaches any tire.

It is installed in a metal ammo can with cord, hose, and accessory storage so it is rugged and convenient.
evofxdwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 08:23 PM   #101

Added Air Bags with on board compressor and air tank that came with air port and hose for airing up Tires. Works wonderfully with hose extensions on 36 ft Class A.
Mus429tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 01:57 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2zon View Post
For topping off, I use a small scuba tank with a first stage regulator, with a tire chuck attached. I set the regulator to 100PSI so I can clip it on and wait until the hissing stops, because I'm lazy (grin). If I'm traveling (and not diving), I'll throw in a full-size tank full of air. As a bonus, the air is really dry (the dewpoint is -70F).
I had a steel dive tank. It weighed as much, if not more, than my pancake compressor. Getting it filled could be a problem. Some dive shops won't do it unless you have a dive certificate. You can get a carbon fiber wound tank that firemen use for breathing. They are a lot lighter and can be filled to 4500 psi, but there again, filling could be a problem. I use these for air rifles, but getting them filled was such a frustration, I bought a high pressure compressor.

Use the pancake compressor, it's the easiest solution. Take some other junk out of the coach to compensate for the weight.
jpstakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 02:02 PM   #103

We use this one. It was $109 when we bought it a few months ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Electrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 05:31 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpiland View Post
As a Drive Instructor, we are not supposed to fill without a Certification. But many do. Good luck. Happy travels

One issue besides storing a 80 cf scuba tank is even if you can get a fill, you’ll need to have it hydro tested every 5 years. Paintball fill stations usually have dirty air and sometimes a lot of moisture.
KenJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 04:00 PM   #105

I have to look into a "keg", CO2 tank, the ones you rent. @3000 psi should be plenty for adjustments.

Have the DeWalt flexvolt compressor, now as all my tools are dewalt. It is ok, goes to 125 psi but is loud in my option.

Tags
tires