Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2021, 06:44 AM   #99

Grand Design Owners Club
Using Forscan but, don’t see history of the last month or so. I did get two previous dtc, would this mean the repeated failures (30-50) were only these two codes?

I had two quick warnings recently but, didn’t shut ACS off, just a quick bell and continued ok. This is rare.
Mostly entire ACS shuts down until reset by turning engine off.
CruzinAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2021, 12:49 PM   #100

Fleetwood Owners Club
Exclamation code 0037 / 0038 ABS

Latest update of our 14 months of ABS / Traction Control lights on are:
5 Wheel Speed Sensors
2 Tone Rings
3 Axel Seals & Ford Field Service Engineers have no answers. So Ford is replacing the whole rear axel assembly. Stay tuned!
Cloudbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 01:08 PM   #101

Grand Design Owners Club
Same direction

Now FORD sends me a $250 debit card for inconvenience of same unrepaied issues 🤣🤣
Old 10-26-2021, 02:10 PM   #102
D20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudbuster View Post
Latest update of our 14 months of ABS / Traction Control lights on are:
5 Wheel Speed Sensors
2 Tone Rings
3 Axel Seals & Ford Field Service Engineers have no answers. So Ford is replacing the whole rear axel assembly. Stay tuned!
Which shop have you been using? (edit: I see now it looks like Rush Orlando)

Are entire rear axles even available?
D20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:33 AM   #103

Wow but I'm glad they are swapping the axle. They really made a mess of it.

Fingers crossed this finally solves it for you, and if it does it adds another confirmation that it is a physical issue not software.
Old 10-27-2021, 09:31 AM   #104

Grand Design Owners Club
Was there extensive work to rear because of recall, such as damaged bearings or such?
I see 3 axle seals, is that 3 sets?
I’ve had no ACS for 9,599 of 10,049 miles. Got physical/ortho issues due to lack of cruise control.
Change to same axle design and production procedures, expect a different outcome!?
Old 10-27-2021, 09:42 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzinAround View Post
Was there extensive work to rear because of recall, such as damaged bearings or such?
I see 3 axle seals, is that 3 sets?
I’ve had no ACS for 9,599 of 10,049 miles. Got physical/ortho issues due to lack of cruise control.
Change to same axle design and production procedures, expect a different outcome!?

Yes he has. See this post for his latest damage https://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/new-...ml#post5926552
Old 10-27-2021, 01:08 PM   #106

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have been going to Rush Truck Center in Orlando as per Ford. They have tried everything as per Ford TSB's. Not sure who made the call to replace rear axel but would guess something that costly had to come from Corporate. Waiting on time frame for delivery.
Old 10-27-2021, 01:29 PM   #107

Fleetwood Owners Club
With our ABS / Traction lights on we also lose the cruise control. The right rear had original seal replaced when Tone ring was replaced, then that seal stared leaking so a third was installed. On the left same original replaced when Tone Ring replaced. That seal lasted 1100 miles & started leaking. That seal was replaced but stared leaking after just 400 miles. With all the same parts being repeatedly replaced maybe Ford at last figured maybe it's the axel. We are told unbolt old rear end install new. Ours was not part of the low fluid rear end recall. I forgot to mention left bearings were replaced this last time along with the axel nut as nut had come loose allowing wheel wobble generating mental which is why they did new bearings & nut.
Old 10-27-2021, 09:51 PM   #108

I want everyone here to know that my wife and I retained a lemon law attorney and just received a settlement check from Ford. Please see my post from June 27, 2021 for a summary of the problems we had experienced with the 2021 F-53 chassis (actually a 2020 chassis) on our 2021 Newmar Bay Star. Before getting a lawyer, we contacted Newmar in an attempt to resolve the matter, but Newmar told us to pound sand. We didn’t contact Ford. Instead, we got an attorney and he contacted both Newmar and Ford to request a buyback. Ford offered to buy back the RV and pay us EVERYTHING we had paid. Ford paid all our attorneys fees. Ford even paid us the amount we spent on comp insurance coverage b/c i found 2 cases that made that expense recoverable. Ford said it has never reimbursed insurance before. Oh, and this settlement was reached without the filing of a lawsuit.

Cloudbuster, you said someone told you that your RV didn’t meet your state’s lemon law requirements. I don’t know who told you this, but I would not accept it as the final word.

I would be happy to share our lawyer’s contact information with anyone who wants it. You can email me at jfmpeterson@yahoo.com. The lawyer is licensed to practice in a number of states, and if he’s not licensed in yours, he can apply to a court in your state for permission to handle a case there.
ClydeNBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 07:04 AM   #109

Fleetwood Owners Club
code 0037 / 0038 ABS

Rush has been transparent & these are the 2 computer readings when I dropped off the motorhome on September 27th for the 11th time. I'm not sure why photo is upside down but when you open it up it is correct. Thanks to all for sharing, just maybe one day things will be fixed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0038.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	347421

Click image for larger version

Name:	0037.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	347422
Old 10-28-2021, 07:17 AM   #110
D20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeNBonnie View Post
I want everyone here to know that my wife and I retained a lemon law attorney and just received a settlement check from Ford. Please see my post from June 27, 2021 for a summary of the problems we had experienced with the 2021 F-53 chassis (actually a 2020 chassis) on our 2021 Newmar Bay Star. Before getting a lawyer, we contacted Newmar in an attempt to resolve the matter, but Newmar told us to pound sand. We didn’t contact Ford. Instead, we got an attorney and he contacted both Newmar and Ford to request a buyback. Ford offered to buy back the RV and pay us EVERYTHING we had paid. Ford paid all our attorneys fees. Ford even paid us the amount we spent on comp insurance coverage b/c i found 2 cases that made that expense recoverable. Ford said it has never reimbursed insurance before. Oh, and this settlement was reached without the filing of a lawsuit.

Cloudbuster, you said someone told you that your RV didn’t meet your state’s lemon law requirements. I don’t know who told you this, but I would not accept it as the final word.

I would be happy to share our lawyer’s contact information with anyone who wants it. You can email me at jfmpeterson@yahoo.com. The lawyer is licensed to practice in a number of states, and if he’s not licensed in yours, he can apply to a court in your state for permission to handle a case there.
Interesting. Good to hear they stepped up. Hopefully Ford will actually take possession and send it to their R&D team so they can figure out what is going on with these new chassis.
D20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 01:07 PM   #111

Grand Design Owners Club
I’m now told Tone Rings are unavailable anywhere
Old 11-06-2021, 11:40 AM   #112

How to find ford tone rings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzinAround View Post
I’m now told Tone Rings are unavailable anywhere

Tone rings are on national backorder, however, I found a few last week...

My 2021 Newmar Baystar Sport sat at a Ford service center in Portland, Oregon for the past six weeks. They had received one tone ring from Ford but needed two for my motorhome. For warranty reimbursement by Ford they needed both to be the Ford parts, made by Bendix. I got the Ford part number for the tone ring and the dealer's online system shows all the dealers in the U.S. (with phone numbers) who have parts in stock. I called about ten dealers; found one in Alabama who had a tone ring they would sell. My Ford dealer bought it and has it shipped by FedEx 2nd day air. It arrived and the repair was completed a day later. In retrospect, I wish I had pursued this weeks ago. During my dialing for tone rings I also found two more that were available from a Ford dealer in Indiana. There were more in the system than the ten I called.
TW Smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, service