Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #15

Where did toy get your Actron computer for gas mpg? I been looking.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #16

Hi all, We've had our 2000 coach now for 9yrs/10mos and have been well pleased with the v10 engine which to date has performed flawlessly. Average fuel mileage over the years has been around 7mpg which I'm OK with, as our 38' coach weighs in at 21,360lbs loaded for travel and hauls a 3,600lb toad.

Back in Nov 05 had the full Banks system including the Trans-command module installed. Realized a bit of power increase but no change in fuel mileage which is what I expected.

Our coach became an orphan in 2001 when the company went belly up, but must say they put together a pretty good coach, as with 66k miles it's still holding together very well.

Best regards to all, and may all enjoy many fun, safe and trouble free journeys,

Jim

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
Old 12-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #17

Ford 460

The best I can get out of my 460 in a 37' Newmar is 6.5 ,we do live and travel in a mountainous area, I also have a Banks exaust,and a gear vendor
Old 01-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #18

6.5 to 7.5 that's all she will do. I am impressed with the power and the transmission of my 06 chassis. It's hard to keep my foot out of it. The only mod I plan on is Konis and some sort of steer safe device.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
gas milage

I had a friend with a 69 vet, two big four barrel carbs, he told me he got 44 mpg, of course he also told me he divided a little differently then most people. I have never checked my mpg, it would not make any difference. I enjoy my m/h. don't know but is there any recalls on the ford chassis. we have a 2009 hurricane by four winds. nice to see a ford group, bill
Old 03-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #20

Always have been a Ford guy, take alot of crap from others, but when you show them Fords racing history most are impressed. I just purchased a new Georgetown 378 and the Ford engine and chassi were a must. I currently own a 65 Mustang, 1990 F-250 bought new, 1995 Minnie with a 460 7.5 MPG, 2008 Fusion AWD, 2009 Ford Escape 4wd. I will alway support a fine American company like Ford, I have no reason to buy foreign products, although I'm sure there good, just no need.
Thanks
Old 03-22-2010, 05:17 AM   #21

I am on my 3rd Super Duty Ford V-10 and I think they are bullet proof. I am now driving an E-450 after trading down from F-53's. Never had a problem with any of them. Plenty of power, have passed diesels in the mountains of Tennessee, (not by choice, but wanted to maintain my RPM). I got 7.5 mpg on the F-53's and 8.7 on the E-450 Cambria. Always in the low 60 mph range, all kinds of terrain. I am glad to see a gasser forum, as of late we have sort of become ho-hum.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
New to Group

Hey, new to the group 2007 Georgie Boy 3500 DS Ford V-10. Just got it a month ago, haven't been further than downtown. Looking forward to Branson! David & Netta
Old 04-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #23
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolncent View Post
Hey, new to the group 2007 Georgie Boy 3500 DS Ford V-10. Just got it a month ago, haven't been further than downtown. Looking forward to Branson! David & Netta
I David and Netta.

Welcome to the group. Hope you enjoy your Ford as much as I've enjoyed both of mine.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 04-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #24

lincolncent: Welcome to the group. You are going to love your V-10. If the rest of your coach is as well put together as the Ford section, you have a great time ahead of you.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:46 AM   #25

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
My calss C had the same v-10 my new 37 foot Damon class A has and it runs great.If I were spending a lot more time driving a DP might be the way to do but for close to home weekends and twice a year trips this thing is doing great. I've always said Ford makes the best trucks and chose this chassis over the workhorse even though the salesman tried his best to convince me that the workhorse was the way to go.

I keep the 5-20 Mobile high mileage oil clean and have even added a valve at the drain to make it even easier. I may switch over to the Shell Rotella T next change though.

I'm also averaging 6.5 to 7.5 MPG and practice gear management on the hills to control down shifting
Old 04-21-2010, 06:04 AM   #26

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
My calss C had the same v-10 my new 37 foot Damon class A has and it runs great.If I were spending a lot more time driving a DP might be the way to do but for close to home weekends and twice a year trips this thing is doing great. I've always said Ford makes the best trucks and chose this chassis over the workhorse even though the salesman tried his best to convince me that the workhorse was the way to go.

I keep the 5-20 Mobile high mileage oil clean and have even added a valve at the drain to make it even easier. I may switch over to the Shell Rotella T next change though.

I'm also averaging 6.5 to 7.5 MPG and practice gear management on the hills to control down shifting
I have had the same experience if I was putting 20,000 a year on I would bump to DP but for what we use it for it is more than adequate I am running 5-20 synthetic mobil1 and my mileage result is right about the same as yours. Recently came back from 1200 mi trip and performance was solid average for entire trip was 6.8 mpg that included 200 miles in a 40 MPH head wind
Old 05-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
New Gas Owner

We traded down from a 40' Horizon DP as we did not need the room and it was time for some repairs and we no longer are on the road full time. We have an 2010 Suncrusier 32H. We have approx. 2500 miles and had a problem with the battery light coming on when picked up from dealer. Had to take it to Ford for warranty as dealer was not Ford approved. The issue was the right wire loom was not installed properly and was laying on the manifold. High high danger as it was beyond the fuse. We are on our way to Colorado Spgs. to have warranty work on the backup camera and it has stopped working or works sometimes and always has a line down the middle of the screen. Also, will have them look at the full slide as I had to bypass the slide control as per the manual to get the slide to retract. However, after discussing with the service manger I think it was operator error not anything else. My big question as new gas driver is that I get a huge downshift (rev) that bumps the tach to about 5000. Is this normal or do I need to ask service?

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:53 AM   #28
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouriMule View Post
We traded down from a 40' Horizon DP as we did not need the room and it was time for some repairs and we no longer are on the road full time. We have an 2010 Suncrusier 32H. We have approx. 2500 miles and had a problem with the battery light coming on when picked up from dealer. Had to take it to Ford for warranty as dealer was not Ford approved. The issue was the right wire loom was not installed properly and was laying on the manifold. High high danger as it was beyond the fuse. We are on our way to Colorado Spgs. to have warranty work on the backup camera and it has stopped working or works sometimes and always has a line down the middle of the screen. Also, will have them look at the full slide as I had to bypass the slide control as per the manual to get the slide to retract. However, after discussing with the service manger I think it was operator error not anything else. My big question as new gas driver is that I get a huge downshift (rev) that bumps the tach to about 5000. Is this normal or do I need to ask service?

Thanks for any assistance.
Welcome to the Ford owners group. I hope you get the great service out of yours as I've had with mine.

The over reving, I'm told by Ford is normal for this engine and there's nothing to worry about. I questioned it when it first happened to me as well. Try riding with the over drive engaged. This cuts down the over reving somewhat.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Closed Thread