Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2007, 01:30 PM   #43
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Just head over to see Keith at Redlands RvPerformance.They can take care of everything for you.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2007, 01:36 PM   #44

Thank you Mike, I will do that ASAP! Scott
Old 06-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally posted by Brazels RV Performance:
You can do it either way,you'll get more out of everything together,but the programming is the biggest bang for the buck.We have a couple of shop's set up to where we can program 97-2004 chassis right through the computer.
Mike,

Any shop's set up for this in Florida near Tampa Bay?

Also, have you tried anything with supplimantal hydrogen units? I've seen then advertised for truckers and been wondering about their use in a gas motor home. Would the UP program be a good fit if one of these units were added later on?
Old 06-18-2007, 07:27 AM   #46
Official iRV2 Sponsor

We don't currently have a dealer in Florida.I don't have any info on hydrogen units.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:20 AM   #47

Mike, hows the testing coming on the flash programer for the 3v V-10?
Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:17 AM   #48

Mike what about a dealer in the Houston, Texas area.

Thanks Chuck
Chuck Seidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:09 PM   #49

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Quote:
Originally posted by Stick:
Mike, hows the testing coming on the flash programer for the 3v V-10?
Same here , any news when it will be available?
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:40 PM   #50
Official iRV2 Sponsor

We are still working on the programs for the V10 3 valve engine.We have the set up for the 1997-2004 V10's now.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:45 AM   #51

Mike,

I wish I was closer as I would like to be a beta tester as I have an 07 Damon Outlaw that I would like to get some more power out of. Does you chip/programming allow for the removal of the speed governor?

I see there are no dealers in San Francisco Bay Area, but I used to have a truck customization shop and have done lots of Banks kits so I could do any install and troubleshooting myself. Do you need a coach for the dyno or road testing?

Thanks
John Bosso

Danville, CA
JB95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:17 AM   #52
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Yes, the speed limiter can be raised upon request. Our nearest dealer to the Bay area is in Redding..All Wheel Brake & Alignment. We don't currently have the programming capabilities for an '07, but are working on it. It'll be about 6 months before it's ready. Normally it requires considerable dyno time in order to tune these properly, although actual road testing is needed as well. In order to install you would need an interface and PC loaded with our software. If you are interested in the tuning kit, contact steve@brazelsrv.com for details.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:10 PM   #53

Visited Mike at the 2007 Rally in Redmond. He explaned what they could offer and what needed to be done if I wanted the performance upgrade done in my 99 F53 V-10. It could not be done at the Rally but if I could come to the shop in Centrali they would get right on it. Since I had to pass right by their shop on the way home I agreed. They even had a place for me to park overnight with electricity hookup.

Bright and early this morning the folks got started. They put it on the Dyno and took their time. By the time I left and headed home I had gained 50 hp and 30+ lbs of torq at the rear wheels. I will be the first to tell you I don't know from spit what all that means. But I can tell you my rig has never run better. I was climbing hills without missing a beat. I have driven this exact route many times in the past and this was unbelievable. I can't comment on the MPG yet but I have a feeling it will somewhat better. My co-pilot kept telling me to slow down.

I would like to say I have never been treated any better anywhere. They answered all my questions and even let me sit around and bagger the tech with questions. What a place and what a fine group of folks.

We plan on keeping this rig (Did you see the cost of the new ones) so spending this money seemed like a wise thing to do. This is one upgrade that hopefully will pay for itself over time.

Mike
National Tropical 1999 36'
Toad 2004 CR-V
Old 07-24-2007, 04:11 AM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I have had my chip since late last summer. I just recently did a 1700 mile trip. MPG was around 7.6 if kept to 60MPH on petty flat terrain. It was around 6.7-7.2 when at 65-70MPH in a mixture of hills and flat lands. The power is great. I did some hills last year and this year where it was no problem. The power band seems to match the rig perfectly. I am very happy with the chip.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:41 AM   #55

Ford Super Duty Owner
Mike, will the V-10 still pass a smog test with the CPU modified?
Bagger97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:56 AM   #56
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Yes your coach will still pass the smog test with our programming.