Originally Posted by al2ride
On a scale of 1 to 5 - Be Honest with your vote, and if you could post what upgrades you have done:
- All over the road, wonders to the low point of the road, 18 wheelers push me to other lanes, small amounts of wind push me to other lanes, HATE driving it
- I don't hate driving it, but I'm all over the road and I'm constantly correcting for winds and trucks passing me
- I do get pushed by winds and 18 wheelers, but MANAGABLE to stay in lane, it is what it is, a "Sailboat"
- Very little push by 18 wheelers and winds, hands off driving for the most part unless I get caught off guard by gusts of winds
- As good as it's going to get, do not need to correct for 18 wheelers passing me, only hurricane winds push the coach, very HAPPY and comfortable to ride, will track straight with gust of winds and fast 18 wheelers passing me...totally hands off
I rate ours in the 4 to 5 category. It's a 2011 chassis. It wasn't that bad to begin with, but handling rough pavement joints/sharp bumps/ruts was pretty bad. So I've done this:
1. Front end alignment
2. Weighed coach and adjusted tire air pressures to suit load.
3. Kelderman Air Suspension System, front and back.
a. Kelderman System included the following:
New variable rate front springs
b. New HD front track bar
c. New Monroe shocks front
d. Air bags front
e. Air bags rear
4. Safe T Plus stabilizer front
5. HD Roadmaster sway bar rear
It drives one-handed, semis don't bother it, crosswinds are OK, it doesn't sway badly going into driveways or around sharp curves. It handles rough pavement joints a little better but I am still fiddling with the air bag pressures to help that out more. Next I would like to put in the HD front Roadmaster sway bar.