RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Rate Your Ride...Ford Gassers
HATE IT - ALL OVER THE ROAD 2 2.20%
ALL OVER THE ROAD 5 5.49%
MANAGABLE - ITS A SAILBOAT 19 20.88%
PRETTY GOOD 38 41.76%
HAPPY - AS GOOD AS IT GETS 27 29.67%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced2 View Post
I have 2013 Forest River Lexington. Have done extensive suspension mods so now it almost drives like my Mini.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2014, 09:59 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
I can't imagine undoing my suspension mods. Just got back from a month in the Fl. panhandle and I put in a couple of 9hr. days each way. Couldn't do that with the stock chassis. I believe its about as good as it can be without a big $ air ride mod. I'm happy.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghutch View Post
I can't imagine undoing my suspension mods. Just got back from a month in the Fl. panhandle and I put in a couple of 9hr. days each way. Couldn't do that with the stock chassis. I believe its about as good as it can be without a big $ air ride mod. I'm happy.
I just looked up the Roadmaster Reflex and it's less than 300 bucks plus the brackets. I wonder if it's as good as the STP stabilizer or better.

First time I hear of this brand.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by al2ride View Post
On a scale of 1 to 5 - Be Honest with your vote, and if you could post what upgrades you have done:

1. All over the road, wonders to the low point of the road, 18 wheelers push me to other lanes, small amounts of wind push me to other lanes, HATE driving it
  2. I don't hate driving it, but I'm all over the road and I'm constantly correcting for winds and trucks passing me
  3. I do get pushed by winds and 18 wheelers, but MANAGABLE to stay in lane, it is what it is, a "Sailboat"
  4. Very little push by 18 wheelers and winds, hands off driving for the most part unless I get caught off guard by gusts of winds
  5. As good as it's going to get, do not need to correct for 18 wheelers passing me, only hurricane winds push the coach, very HAPPY and comfortable to ride, will track straight with gust of winds and fast 18 wheelers passing me...totally hands off
I rate ours in the 4 to 5 category. It's a 2011 chassis. It wasn't that bad to begin with, but handling rough pavement joints/sharp bumps/ruts was pretty bad. So I've done this:

1. Front end alignment
2. Weighed coach and adjusted tire air pressures to suit load.
3. Kelderman Air Suspension System, front and back.

a. Kelderman System included the following:
New variable rate front springs
b. New HD front track bar
c. New Monroe shocks front
d. Air bags front
e. Air bags rear

4. Safe T Plus stabilizer front
5. HD Roadmaster sway bar rear

It drives one-handed, semis don't bother it, crosswinds are OK, it doesn't sway badly going into driveways or around sharp curves. It handles rough pavement joints a little better but I am still fiddling with the air bag pressures to help that out more. Next I would like to put in the HD front Roadmaster sway bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4620.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	348.5 KB
ID:	61976   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4623.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	337.0 KB
ID:	61977  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4625.jpg