Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #1

Riser Ford, Hot Springs, Arkansas

This question may be a long shot as far as getting a reply, but is there anyone on this forum that has had any work done on their Ford V-10 by Riser Ford in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I am thinking of having my first service done there on our 2016 Canyon Star.

Thanks,

Rick
rperrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2017, 08:11 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Riser Ford doesn't seem to be a "Ford Truck Center," so do you know if they will even work on your coach?

Many Ford auto dealers don't have the equipment to work on the F-53, in fact many of them don't even have service bay doors tall enough to get your coach inside.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:33 PM   #3

Correct, most don't. I called the Ford Customer Service that was on my drivers side window and they referred me as a dealer who does service motor homes. Although I plan to drive my car over and check the facility out before taking the motorhome in.
Good hearing from someone in Lakewood. My wife went to Bear Creek HS, before going to CU.
Rick
Old 01-05-2017, 08:53 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rick,

I know a guy who lives in Hot Springs Village and has a WBGO Vista on an F-53 chassis. He might have an answer for you about who and where. Let me know (PM) and I'll give him a call.

There is also a new repair facility in the LR area that several of the WBGO members are using and they have been very pleased with the results. I can also get the information on that p[lace as well. LR is not that far from HS.

I'd trust the folks that I know before I'd trust the Ford customer service folks. The information I can get you is from folks who have used this place and are very satisfied with the results. It is up to date information and Ford may not have that.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:02 AM   #5

Tejay,
I would appreciate it if you could contact the folks you mentioned and get their input on Riser and the Little Rock location. That would be very helpful.
Thanks,

Rick
Old 01-06-2017, 11:21 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rick,

Riser Ford in HS does not work on any motor homes. That info came from a friend in HS who just wanted his oil changed.

Here's the information about a place in Cabot, AR which can't be to far from you. I found their business card in the MH. I knew that I had gotten one from some of our members but was not sure I still had it.

BC RV Repair
13 Nalley Drive
Cabot, AR 72023

Charlie Brisco 501-765-8192

BCrvRepair@gmail.com

They do repairs on: Roofs, Electrical, Plumbing, Structural, Interior, 20+ years of Experience. Just give them a call.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #7

Thanks again TeJay. I am now confused about Riser Ford, as I called them to see if they would do a recall on my 2016 Canyon Star, and service the engine. The recall is for a shift cable bracket. They set up an appointment to do it and claimed they had a motorhome in the shop earlier in the week. It is snowy today, but I am going to drive in and check the place out Monday.
Don't need any MH repairs, just wanted to get mine serviced.
Rick
Old 01-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
As with all information maybe times have changed and what i learned is out of date. As far as BC repairs I'm sure they do just service work as well but you'd need to check.

Finding places that will do RV work is difficult. I know of a place in Springfield and spoke to the service manager but that was 2+ years ago right after we bought the RV. We have not needed any service work so far but at least there are places to check.

Tags
arkansas, ford