Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2019, 06:37 PM   #1

Service Engine light. NOT Check Engine Light

I asked this a while back, but can't find the thread. I just want to clear this light off my dash, and I'm sure there's a formula, I just don't know what it is. New tranny, new OD switch wiring, and a bunch of other stuff. Now the OD switch light has started to blink. Please make these lights go away. I doubt the process is the same as the Workhorse chassis.

Thanks
B Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2019, 07:33 PM   #2

It's easy to make the lights go away.

Get the codes read, fix what's broken, and the lights will go away. The flashing OD light means there is a transmission code set. Without the codes you won't be able to fix what's wrong.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:54 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Please make these lights go away. I doubt the process is the same as the Workhorse chassis
Is this a Workhorse or a Ford F53?

If its a F53, the blinking light on the shifter says there is something wrong with the transmission. The last thing that was recently messed with is usually a good place to start troubleshooting. If this is a new transmission, take it to the trans place that did the work and let them read the codes.

ALSO - There is a TSB on the 1999 - 2000 F53 for transmission electrical grounding that can cause erratic shifting. I don't know if this would set codes, but it might.

F53 Transmission shifting weird in 1st and 2nd gear – 1999 Southwind 35S

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check engine light, engine, light, service