Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2021, 10:59 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Time to bifurcate Ford chassis discussion?

I have found this to be an incredibly helpful forum and want to sincerely thank the moderator and everyone for their constructive posts. Very respectfully suggesting that perhaps it’s time to split this discussion forum into two parts, one for legacy chassis (2019 and earlier) and one for 2020 and newer. The 2020 redesign/repowering created a number of generational differences, not to mention “teething pains” for owners of new models. Having the forum bifurcated would make it easier to spot relevant threads to each persons generational model. Would be fine keeping it as is, with the suggestion that posts include the chassis model year in the subject line just to make visual sorting easier.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2021, 11:10 AM   #2

If that were to happen then might as well create more than one group.
- 2020 and newer 444 V8 chassis that was updated again
- 2016-2019 6 speed chassis that was updated a bit
- 2015 and down - then split again for the previous 460 V8 chassis
I don't know... where would it stop being split out?
415cid V10 gasser / 6speed / Dana S130 with 5:38's
Towing 2018 F-150 Lariat 3.5EB / 10speed / 3:55's
77Travco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:37 PM   #3

Well I've only been here like two years with my F53, but as busy as the forum in general is I really haven't noticed all THAT much traffic in the Ford section. Seems to me it would need to be a lot busier before it was worth dividing. Just my 2 cents.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:49 PM   #4

I only clicked on the link to this thread to see what in the world "bifurcate" meant.

Now that I'm here, no, don't see much need in splitting into two different forums. The Workhorse and Chevrolet forum could be a candidate as well since it encases so many different years and configurations. However, traffic is generally low which makes it fairly easy to sort.
Old 11-17-2021, 12:50 PM   #5

I have been following the Ford Chassis subforum for about a year now, ever since I bought my 2021 Thor Axis based on the stripped E350 chassis with the new 7.3 V8.

Probably only one out of 50 posts is specific to the new E series chassis and most are from me about the AdvanceTrac problem. But reading other posts even for newish V10/F53 chassis is useful.

So I wouldn't split it. Not enough traffic to make it worthwhile.

David
DavidEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:40 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
100% agree on this. I come to this forum each day looking for the new V8 chassis info.
Old 11-17-2021, 06:03 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I owned 2 F53s and now a F-350. When I scan postings I only read pertinent ones to me. I've got a 2014/15 DP and do the same. Some times I like to read about my prior rigs. Even older postings can be relevant to new rigs. New rigs can be relevant too How many genres do we need?
Old 11-17-2021, 06:26 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Thank you for the suggestion. We appreciate the input. At the current time, there just isn't enough traffic to justify a split. We have to be very careful to not clutter up our forum with too many options. If we put in place every request for more forums, this place would be a nightmare to navigate.
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 06:40 AM   #9

I agree-Lots of opinions of chassis repair suggestions that do not apply to the new V8 chassis.
PlaneJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Thank you for the suggestion. We appreciate the input. At the current time, there just isn't enough traffic to justify a split. We have to be very careful to not clutter up our forum with too many options. If we put in place every request for more forums, this place would be a nightmare to navigate.
Agreed. There's enough similarity between the chassis that yet another sub-forum really isn't needed. It's not tough to sort through the posts pertinent to each variation. Even though I don't have the new chassis I enjoy reading about peoples experiences with it.

Tags
cat, chassis, ford