Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #1

Tuneup is completed. Were ready for our trip

Been busy these last few days getting the coach ready for our trip to Florida. We just bought it a couple of weeks ago so we installed a few things. I moved the 22" LCD TV to the rear bedroom and installed a 32" 1080p LCD w/Blue Ray DVD up front, new Pioneer AM/FM CD w/iPod controls, programmed the KVH in motion satelite, and a 2TB hard drive that feeds 287 Blue Ray movies to the front TV.

Today was maintenance day so I changed the engine oil with full synthetic, installed new spark plugs, wiper blades and was surprised to find a K&N air filter so I cleaned and oiled it.

I will weigh my coach once loaded to see where I'm at. It has Goodyear 19.5 tires on it. The recommended air pressure is 85 psi but the dealer said 65 psi was best. What are your thoughts? I thought going with 75 psi would be a good a good compromise.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2009, 07:13 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Let your weights determine your pressures but I run 75PSI in mine to help improve the somewhat rough ride of the F53
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:08 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
I run 90# in the front and 85# in the rear.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #4

I sent information on my coach, tire size, load range including all axle weights to the Tire Doctor at <haynmichael@bfusa.com> and was advised not to run less than 80psi in my tires including the ones on the tag axle.

Of course our coach is 38' and running Bridgestone R250F series 245/70R10.5's load range "G"

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:06 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to put them at 75#'s until I can weigh the coach.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #6

Doing the same thing...
Just finished a Lube, oil, and filter and checked my tire pressures. We leave tomorrow for Florida too. (Couple of days at Disney, then on to the Keys for Christmas.) See you there. (OK, probably won't...)

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Enjoy your trip(s) to the warmer world, and drive safe.
kenyonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
Doing the same thing...
Just finished a Lube, oil, and filter and checked my tire pressures. We leave tomorrow for Florida too. (Couple of days at Disney, then on to the Keys for Christmas.) See you there. (OK, probably won't...)
Tim, where are you staying? We will be at the Tropical Palms Resort since Fort Wilderness was full. The Keys sound great. Might have to do that another time.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #9

We'll be at Fort Wilderness from the 20th to the 24th. And back for a night on the 31st to celebrate the new year. There are all 4 types of sites available right now, at least for the first week (20th to 26th). The reservation system is such a pain. With no cancellation fee, lots of reservations get made and cancelled at the last minute. Probably too late to switch, unless you REALLY wanted to.

We're staying at Long Key State Park in the Keys. All the sites are right on the water. It can be a bit windy, but that goes with being right on the water. Tough to get reservations there too. It's over $40 a night now, they just raised the prices like $10 this year. Most other Florida State Parks are much cheaper, the Keys are quite desirable, so they can charge more. Grandpa and OMA ljust a few miles away in Islamorada, kids are excited to see their "Florida house".

And to keep this post on the original topic. Speaking of tire pressures. How many of us have checked the air in our spare? I hope to never need it, what a bummer it would be to find it flat if I did!

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #10

Tim, I'll keep my current reservations since it's about 1/2 the cost of what Ft Wilderness quoted me for 7 days. We are staying for $375 for the week and it's only 3 miles from Disney.

I didn't think to check my spare but I now have a compressor on board and roadside assistance will change it for me.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:51 AM   #11
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnmarine View Post
Been busy these last few days getting the coach ready for our trip to Florida. We just bought it a couple of weeks ago so we installed a few things. I moved the 22" LCD TV to the rear bedroom and installed a 32" 1080p LCD w/Blue Ray DVD up front, new Pioneer AM/FM CD w/iPod controls, programmed the KVH in motion satelite, and a 2TB hard drive that feeds 287 Blue Ray movies to the front TV.

Today was maintenance day so I changed the engine oil with full synthetic, installed new spark plugs, wiper blades and was surprised to find a K&N air filter so I cleaned and oiled it.

I will weigh my coach once loaded to see where I'm at. It has Goodyear 19.5 tires on it. The recommended air pressure is 85 psi but the dealer said 65 psi was best. What are your thoughts? I thought going with 75 psi would be a good a good compromise.
Abnmarine.

I have always followed the coach mfg. recommended psi listed in the drivers compartment. My Winn. was 80 and my Fleetwood is 90. It has served me well and given me a good ride . Of course I weigh my coach each year and stay within my limits.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:04 AM   #12

My tires max pressure is 85 psi so I put 80 psi in the rears and 75 psi in the fronts. Previous owner had all at 80 psi.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #13
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Let your weights determine your pressures but I run 75PSI in mine to help improve the somewhat rough ride of the F53
Ditto! I've got GY670's 19.5 tires.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote